1993 Merlin Titanium

Tomianson

BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Quite excited by this one. i'm expecting shortly a rather lovely 1993 Merlin.

I have always hankered after a Merlin, they're just so pretty.

Pictures when it arrives, in the meantime i am building it in my head and i need a few things if anyone has anything here?

1" Rigid Fork. Ritchey Logic is correct, but happy with kona P2, something titanium, something else equally interesting.
XTR Wheelset with good condition rims. Rims can be silver or black at the moment.

Anyone got anything suitable?
T

Re:

One of the prettiest bikes ever made if you ask me :D
Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Feel free to take a look at mine via my sig below :cool:

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":3apu98eh said:

Thanks. Just checked yours out, it’s glorious abs I think similar to what I have in mind. Decisions decisions, how does it ride?
T

Re: Re:

Tomianson":146o0rpm said:
Once A Hero":146o0rpm said:

Thanks. Just checked yours out, it’s glorious abs I think similar to what I have in mind. Decisions decisions, how does it ride?
T

I rode it once before putting the NOS tyres on, then hung it up in the house where it remains :oops: :cool:
It was very responsive is all I can recall!

It's here whoop whoop. Thanks to the seller for bring it up to me, its gorgeous. I'm going to strip it down and rebuild it with a few different bits, should be a cracking project.

Currently as it stands, its 22.7lb's. Going to see if i can trim that down a chunk.

My thinking at the moment, is to put a rigid fork on, elite titanium saddle, ti seatpost, ti stem (maybe). keep the xtr and cook bros, merlin bars and ringle skewers. Change the wheels (xtr and pace hubs at the moment with Mavic Ceramic rims) to something with matching hubs.

Lots of tinkering to do.

Attachments

• 161127405_3732985256757364_8948123997901169193_n.jpg
    161127405_3732985256757364_8948123997901169193_n.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 306
Nice one Tom. Looking forward to seeing your build.

Back