**1993 KONA Lavadome** **ALL GONE**

Mossy

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Good evening,

I have for sale a 1993 19” Kona Lavadome.

I helped build this Lavadome for a colleague who was super keen to get back into riding MTBs. As is the case sometimes, his good intentions never materialised and the bike has only been ridden twice. It's very clean and ready to ride.

The bike has been built with a mixture of new, NOS, very good and original parts.

19” frame with 23” top tube length and project two forks. All good with no dents or cracks and free from corrosion, however, paintwork is a little sketchy around the seat post insert and the chainstay which has been touched up with primer / blue gloss paint. The stem is a period correct velocity, but not original approximately 150mm long. The frame comes with the later Kona dog collar cable guide.

Wheels - Mavic D521 with Shimano LX hubs. Align, true and run smooth. New continental inner tubes and BSO tyres. I will throw in some used period amber wall Tioga Psycho tyres to sweeten the deal. Front wheel fitted incorrectly in photo :oops:

Groupset - NOS shimano LX rapidfire, LX cantilever brakes, HG50 cassette and SRAM chain. Good condition Shimano XT front and rear mechs, UN54 BB, original Sugino cranks and STX threaded headset. Worn, but useable Wellgo pedals. Original bars and new Ritchey grips. Also new Clark cables, Uno Kalloy seatpost, WTB saddle and alloy seatpost clamp.

He’s looking for £185 and may consider splitting if no takers. Postage would be £15 extra. As always open to offers. Collection from Macclesfield or Manchester, but can deliver to Sheffield, Leeds, Grimsby (M62) if agreeable.

Thanks for looking :D

P1020957.jpg

P1020950.jpg

P1020953.jpg

Right looks like a split is on as follows;

All costs include postage. The frame and forks will go next day signed for. Smaller items standard. Overseas welcome at small additional cost. Payapl gift or you cover fees. Extra photos on request. Thanks.

Items now sold;

Mavic D521 wheels on LX hubs £SOLD
SR Cranks £SOLD
Shimano HG50 8 speed cassette £SOLD
Sram chain £SOLD
Shimano XT M739 rear mech £SOLD
Shimano XT M738 front mech SOLD
Shimano LX rapidfire (combi brake and shifters 8 speed) £SOLD
Cables (inner and outer) £SOLD
Shimano UN54 £SOLD

19" Frame, P2 Forks and velocity stem including, seat collar clamp and STX headset £SOLD including decals
Kona dog collar (good condition would like it to go with frame) £SOLD
Kona bars (Kona logo missing) £SOLD

Shimano LX cantilever brakes (new fitted) £SOLD

WTB saddle cromorails (new fitted) £SOLD
Kalloy Uno new fitted post 26.4mm to fit most Kona of this era (new fitted) £SOLD

that's a sweet looking bike, Loooooong stem, how tall was your friend? :D

Must say i always wanted a nice Kona of this vintage... but must finish my Orange. :oops:

matt24777":1h43c08x said:
that's a sweet looking bike, Loooooong stem, how tall was your friend? :D

Must say i always wanted a nice Kona of this vintage... but must finish my Orange. :oops:

Agreed, the stem is too long, fitted as it was the only one to hand at the time. I have a plain silver (could be ritchey) 120mm with 10 deg. rise which I will also throw in. A fork cable hanger will be required though.

Thanks.

My post here is purely to ogle...

Lovely bike..Really like it. I'd sell something to buy this if I had the space.

I've replied to PMs.

Gauging interest in a split. Prices included standard postage to the UK.

To start, as these would need to go first;

* Frame including P2 forks and velocity stem , BB, STX headset and seat collar clamp - £80

* Mavic D521 on LX hubs - £50 (free tyres and new tubes).

Thanks.

I am interested in most of the Kona

Hi Mossy,

Unless already spoken for, I am interested in everything except for the frame, forks, bars, cantis, stem and seatpost.

So what I am interested in is complete wheels and complete gearset, chain, shifters, brake levers and cables.

pm sent with contact details

AlG

Latest posts

Back