Withdrawn 1992 Offroad Proflex 752 w/ Girvin Vector

MSYT

Retro Guru
The spiel... (Ok something is broken with the picture upload again... a tiny image wont upload.)
For reference this is my eBay listing while I work out what's wrong with the uploader; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185453418792

£300 obo / Postage can be arranged or collection from Tamworth / PayPal fees must be covered.

Up for sale is a piece of mountain biking history. This 1992 Proflex 752 is an early icon of the mountain bike world. Featuring a rear elastomer and a Girvin Flexstem on the front to soak up the trail this series of bikes brought a new level of "comfort" to mountain biking. This model in particular was one of the higher spec'd models, being spec'd with the classic 3 x 7 speed Shimano Deore DX components that are solid and reliable. The bike has been given a tune up and even a test ride around Cannock Chase's Follow the Dog trail. It's ready to ride so grab a piece of mountain biking history today.

A couple of things I noted while riding / checking the bike. The suspension creaks a little, probably from some dry joints. The headtube has possibly been reamed out to fit the 1 1/4" headset with the Vector. I thought these came with a 1 1/8" headset/fork but the Dia Compe headset is definitely 1 1/4"

For height reference. All bikes sold are pictured with a saddle height suitable for someone at 5'9".

Bikes can be collected from Tamworth, Staffordshire or can be shipped via Paisley Freight, fully boxed and insured.

Bike Spec
Frame : Aluminium / CrMo 18” C-C (20” C-T)
Handlebars : Offroad 560mm
Grips : Lizard Skins
Shifters : Shimano Deore DX SL-MT62
Brake Levers : Shimano Deore DX BL-MT63
Stem : Givrin Vector 1”
Headset : Dia Compe Aheadaet 1 1/4”
Fork : Girvin Vector 1”
Brakes : Shimano Deore DX BR-M650
Brake Pads : Shimano
Wheels : Hubs - Front - Suntour XC Sport / Rear - Shimano Deore DX FH-M650
Rims - Front - Araya RX7 / Rear - Sun Chinook
Tyres : Front - Duro Raider 26” x 2.1” / Rear - Cheng Shin 26” x 1.95”
Seatpost : Standard 28mm
Seat Clamp : Standard
Saddle : Intake Cyclone
Front Derailleur : Shimano Deore DX FD-M650
Rear Derailleur : Shimano Deore DX RD-M650
Jockey Wheels : Standard
Crankset : Shimano Deore DX FC-MT60
Chainring : Rock Ring Bash Guard / Shimano 48 / Gold 36 / Shimano 24
Chainring Bolts : Standars
Bottom Bracket : Standard
Chain : Shimano IG
Cassette : Shimano Hyperglide 12-28
Pedals : VP

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back