1991 Haro Extreme

Jussa

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've loved these estays, always been intrigued by the angles used and overall style of the bike. So when this popped up locally for trades I had to make some enquiries. A few negotiations and a set of shifters, stem and some tyres later and i was coming home with the Haro. Sadly once in the man cave and once I'd had chance to look over it I found numerous issues, gears all incorrectly set-up, general lack of maintenance, wrong BB fitted so chain line was out considerably. However once stripped, cleaned and rebuilt using some spares I had in my man cave it now rides like a dream. I'm 6ft 2" and whilst it looks like it shouldn't be comfortable it actually is a joy to ride, pics taken on a 13 mile Shakedown Ride.

Jussa :)

Attachments

• haro1.jpg
    haro1.jpg
    812.9 KB · Views: 312
  • haro2.jpg
    haro2.jpg
    823.9 KB · Views: 309
  • haro3.jpg
    haro3.jpg
    942.2 KB · Views: 308
  • haro4.jpg
    haro4.jpg
    754.7 KB · Views: 307
  • haro5.jpg
    haro5.jpg
    651.7 KB · Views: 307
  • haro7.jpg
    haro7.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 305
  • haro9.jpg
    haro9.jpg
    792.9 KB · Views: 309
Really nice,nearly bought one off eBay rev myself. The geometry is funky to say the least!

Gotta get me an e-stay mtb, out of interest what size is it?

That's 2sweet rides now I've seen of yours. Job well done mate.....

Amazing colour, love the way it matches the toadstool :)

I have one with the bolt on rear end as per Mantis, sadly one size too big for me, pretty much unused, not sure what to do with her but will be cleaning her up and checking over once I get time.

Attachments

• 5409C238-729A-4551-B8A7-10080D259C4F.jpeg
    5409C238-729A-4551-B8A7-10080D259C4F.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 281
Magpiegifts":3q83fxgu said:
Really nice,nearly bought one off eBay rev myself. The geometry is funky to say the least!

Gotta get me an e-stay mtb, out of interest what size is it?

That's 2sweet rides now I've seen of yours. Job well done mate.....

Hi mate, cheers :D this one is a 19.5 but does have a long Top-Tube 22" so doesn't feel claustrophobic at all. The angles do create an optical illusion somewhat.

Minifreak":3dynhzif said:
Amazing colour, love the way it matches the toadstool :)

I have one with the bolt on rear end as per Mantis, sadly one size too big for me, pretty much unused, not sure what to do with her but will be cleaning her up and checking over once I get time.

Ohhhhhhh i like that, :shock: that's lovely indeed.

Back