1990 Marin Team Titanium

Matttymm

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
Super rare bike in lovely condition.

Looks an original 1990.

In my humble opinion, its a whole lot of coin at £2k for an XT bike but I’m sure the rareness of the bike means someone might want it.

Im not sure it qualifies as NOS but very little use. Those tyres have dirt in them. 😋😋

That's quite nice :cool:

I'd like an early Ti framed bike, ideally a Hei Hei of similar vintage, and ideally in a more used condition, oh and ideally not for £2K! :LOL:

1997 was the pinnacle of Hei Hei Pete; everyone knows that; up to that point they were just imitations.

I agree with you. It’s a lovely bike; I contacted the seller a made a more realistic offer but he’s not currently budging.

Hopefully others make more progress.

I have a general rule of not paying more for a bike than it’s worth the sum of its parts.

In the current economical climate £2k is insane. People are dumping assets (classic cars) in fear of dropping values. Someone can hope an item is worth £X but ultimately any prospective buyers influence it's value & I am inclined to agree, £2k is waay off.

Yeah. I suggested £1000 as a more reasonable figure.

It’s the not the market it was; but it’s still in great condition and original spec. Not sure about the handlebars.

It’s the not the market it was; but it’s still in great condition and original spec. Not sure about the handlebars.

Those handlebars would have been original if that's what you mean. My brother had a set around 90/91. Being Madison they will be in one of the Freewheel catalogues. Now would I want to ride them today that's another question entirely. By the way I have seen this bike in the flesh but it was a while back and I can't remember specifics to comment really.

Back