1990 Cinder Cone

Mattn501

Retro Newbie
I believe this had been on eBay for a while, and probably because it’s overpriced. What would be a fair price? Also, I’m not convinced it’s all original... should it not be XCD throughout and have a Velocity stem?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V-Early-19-K ... 2772184935

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Very nice example, I sold one the same not long ago. Yes, it should have a Velocity stem, black bars and be about £425 cheaper.

Ha ha! Well that’s the bike I want but at a sensible price. I made a very generous offer which was declined so I’ll look elsewhere. If you know of anyone selling one point them in my direction! I’ve put a post in the ‘wanted’ forum so hopefully my new bike is out there somewhere!

Re:

As a reference, there's a 1990 explosif on facebook near me for £200 looks better then this.

Re: Re:

coomber":3qv5w910 said:
As a reference, there's a 1990 explosif on facebook near me for £200 looks better then this.
Any chance you can PM me the link for the Explosif??? I have been looking for one for literally years

I exchanged a few messages with the seller a while back as he had it on as a 1987 model, even though Kona started in 1988. He seemed to have convinced himself that it was some unicorn and all original spec (which it very much isn't). As others have said, way overpriced still but it's come down from the £800 - 900 he was asking originally! Edit: it was actually originally on for £1100 :shock:
Avoid unless you have more money than sense.

I bought an all original spec 1990 Cindercone for £130 a couple year ago and I wouldn't want to pay much more than that unless the bike was completely immaculate.

Re: Re:

RetroGra":3mz4q9qt said:
coomber":3mz4q9qt said:
Any chance you can PM me the link for the Explosif??? I have been looking for one for literally years

Hi chap. Just looked and advert no longer exists. So presumably sold. It was £225 and was in Taunton.

I'll keep a look out if any other come up, was it just a 1990 you were after?

Back