1989 Orange Formula - pic update

I would go as far to say as a very strong contender for BOTY.. :cool:

Re:

jaw dropping! i read this a while ago and keep coming back to it, just superb craftsmanship and effort, would love to see another formula pop up on here but then again, this wouldn't be so special if more were found. that stem was a superb find and a rare gem in itself! well done indeed!

......oh and that colour also burns my laptop screen, dont think it was ever meant for such brightness!!

Coleman":2p7sjgvo said:
The serial number of mine is 133788, I have checked with Dave Yates and it isn’t one of the frames built by him which makes it likely to be one of the 6 Donohue frames referenced by michael@orange in the other thread;

Apologies if it's already been confirmed as I've not read the full thread. Just been chatting with an old hill walking buddy of mine. I never knew but he used to work at Donahues & recognises that as one of their frame numbers - 1988. He also made frames himself. Never knew! Tutin

Very interesting :cool: Always been a fan of Donohue frames..
Yes it’s a lovely bike, took it out for a spin the other day. It’s a good thread that Adrian (Coleman) did. I was lucky enough to buy this bike off him a few years back :D

rwm1962":z8zx8cf7 said:
Coleman":z8zx8cf7 said:
The serial number of mine is 133788, I have checked with Dave Yates and it isn’t one of the frames built by him which makes it likely to be one of the 6 Donohue frames referenced by michael@orange in the other thread;

Apologies if it's already been confirmed as I've not read the full thread. Just been chatting with an old hill walking buddy of mine. I never knew but he used to work at Donahues & recognises that as one of their frame numbers - 1988. He also made frames himself. Never knew! Tutin

Back