1988 Specialized Hard Rock freebie with big grin factor!!

LikeClockwork":1iof6w8x said:
I love this bike. It rides like an absolute dream, quiet and very steady, no twitchy head angles here!
I'm so glad you wrote this! I've been working on a '94 Hardrock for over a year now, off and on, and each time I look at it I think 'You're really not worth the time, effort and expense are you?' I ended up taking the view that a couple of hundred quid for fifty or more hours of peace and quiet was a good deal, and there's a free bike at the end of it!

But the vast majority of reports from actual owners of old Hardrocks are very positive, just like yours. Anyway, great looking example of the species and it's good to know that it rides as well as it looks.

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":35svk186 said:
It's a different pace, and so comfy to ride. It's a bit like when I used to have a 70's Mini and an XR3i, whichever one you were driving, you put a different hat on, you knew one had no brakes without an appointment, the other (for the time) was frighteningly quick and powerful.

Guess which one had me grinning from ear to ear every weekend though.... :LOL:

The XR3i obviously :LOL:

And it is a nice looking bike Kaz, been looking for something a bit more relaxed myself, most my bikes are very focused and sometimes i wouldnt mind just going out for a relaxing ride :)

Re:

Cheers guys! It does make you realise you can justify different bikes for different styles of riding. Which could be dangerous, as, as one of my neighbours pointed out, 'you only had one bike when you moved in'. There's now 3 in the car port! (Well, two and a frame....and some forks and spare wheels and....)

I must spend just a little bit more on the 'Rock though, the mismatched chain ring bolts really annoy me every time I look at it! It's just I struggled to find any single ring specific ones in my parts boxes, so ended up with whatever I could find and a couple are spaced out with washers on the back :facepalm:

And I must try and rebuild the pedals some time and clean the saddle up :LOL:

Latest posts

Back