1986 F W Evans

More than it upsets the modern bike riders at Haldon? ;)

Thing is, I have about 12 bikes and literally not one with proper mudguards! I've always considered myself an advocate of their use! And I've got loads here... And I like riding in the rain, sometimes.

Let me rephrase the question. Black or silver mudguards?

Would be a nice bike to take touring.
Silver

Just thought I'd update this. Couple of additions including a Sakae stem and bar from an '88 Dawes Countryman which has improved the riding position for me, and also put on a QR seat binder. Seriously thinking about a front rack to put the beers in for beach trips!
Really enjoying this bike.
20220710_160118.JPG 20220710_160125.JPG 20220710_160130.JPG

Personally I preferred the bullmoose with white saddle/grips combo, but that's not meant as a criticism, the bike looks lovely full stop.

It would be very boring if we all liked the same :cool:
So I bought it without the saddle and pedals as I've never been a fan of white. I did contemplate getting the brown suede Turbo though but pleased I went with the black in the end. I love the look of bullmoose bars but these were quite narrow and the sweep made it quite short. Ideally I'd like to route the front brake cable through the stem but that's for another day. Like I say, thinking about a front rack, or I could just put my beers in a rucksack!

Back