1985 Miyata One Thousand .... Value for Insurance Purposes

dim

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys .... I need your advice

I've bought a 1985 Miyata One Thousand touring bike in original mint condition. (It was hardly ridden, then was stored in the house since 1985)... it's a 50cm frame

I have cycle insurance for my Trek Emonda with Wiggle (Wiggle Elite package) and have asked them if I can add this Miyata onto my insurance

serial number is ND39368 (I think it's 1985)

It has the original 5 speed gearing/cranks etc aswell as the original Miyata Radial tyres (I have them listed on Ebay but I'm not sure if I want to sell them, so I may withdraw the advert) ... It also has the original Miyata fenders and pedals with Miyata toestraps

It came with the original saddle and I've now fitted Brooks Cambium C17 Carved saddle and have replaced the original Miyata Radial tyres with Contintal GP5000 clinchers (32's) and changed the pedals

wheels are 40 spoke Araya rims and hubs are Sansi Gyro Master (40h/40h)

The Miyata mudguards are a bit tight for the Conti 32's so I have bought set of Honjo H-47 Fluted Hammered Mudguards which my LBS will fit next week (It will allow me to use 38 wide tyres)

Wiggle has said that I can insure it for replacement value and your assistance with a value will be appreiated!

herewith some pics:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Latest posts

Back