1984 ARGOS BUILT REYNOLDS 753 BIKE - SHIMANO, CAMPAG

Bananasplit

Devout Dirtbag
Hi every one, after fighting with the idea that this bike is the correct size for me, I must admit defeat and face the truth, i'am just not tall enough lol.
I've had the bike a week or so now and the only thing I've done is wash it and look at it, the bike is stunning.
I will list a full set of specs tonight but a little information to start with:-
Original Argos built frame and fork serial number ARGOS8428, this has also been confirmed by Argos via email.
The frame is around 22.5"-23" in size, but will measure in full tonight.
All cable routing is internal even the down tube shifting cables.
Frame and fork material is the awesome Reynolds 753 and weighs nothing.
Bars and stem are Cinelli
Headset is Shimano 600
Seatpost is Shimao Dura-ace
Rolls saddle
Shimano 600 7sp rear mech
Stronglight 107 chainset
Suntour superbe front mech??
Suntour superbe calipers fr+rr
Diacomp brake levers.
Front wheel is a Mavic GL280 with Campag Record hub and skewer. (the rim is either a 280 or 330, but will check)
Rear wheel has the same rim but has a Dura-ace hub with a 7sp block (will confirm tonight on both parts)
The bike requires new tubs and cables all round to make it a flying machine. It has a few marks due to storage, but no cracks or rust. The pictures don't do justice to the paint.

£550 collected DN5 8AJ aera (Doncaster) or arrange your own courier.
If you have any questions please contact me on emailantosiphone@googlemail.com or 07597703220

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,056
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 1,054
Re:

I keep looking at it in the garage and just wish it was a tad smaller. I'd rather not sell it, but somebody might be able to make better use of it than I.

Latest posts

Back