1980's Saracen Sahara

dorsetmike

Retro Newbie
Hi all. New here and no idea if this is the right place. As a teenager in the 80s I was given a red Saracen Sahara. I rode it a lot, and loved it, and still have it in a shed. In my 50s now, so memory is sketchy, but I vaguely recall my late Dad saying it was imported from the USA and was hand built as they weren't that popular over here. (I could be totally wrong though). Is there any value in it at all, or is it just an old bike which needs to be chucked? I was reluctant to get rid as it has memories for me, and it's the only item I have from back then.

I will get it out later and take some pics.

Thanks

Mike

Hello and welcome!

It wouldn’t have been a US import as Saracen is a British brand (although some frames were made in the Far East). Value wise, very little in the monitory sense as it was one of the lowest models, but sentimental, to you it will be priceless.

Depending on the condition, it might be worth doing it up just for you to save the memories really.

Re:

Ahh, thank you for the quick reply. I have literally just started looking at the Saracen history. Perhaps I have a 'project' bike to work on at some point! Probably easier than a vintage car!

Back