1970 Witcomb bike - Central Scotland - £220

Ian Cruise

Retro Newbie
1970s Witcomb bike for sale. Perfect fit for me and I'm 5'10. I can get exact measurements if required.

Original Weinmann caliper brakes, Shimano 600 arabesque down shifters and front derailleur. Miche Super maxy cranks.

Rear derailleur is Shimano Claris as spring went in original 600 and couldn't be fixed so fitted what was to hand as a stop gap and never got round to replacing with another original. Still have it if anyone wants it too in case they think they can fix it. Replacement shimano 600 arabesque rear derailleur can be found on eBay for around £30.

Frame is steel, bike has been repainted by original owner. Giant saddle (original was a plastic monstrosity) Sake custom road champion bars and shimano brake levers.

Barely used continental ultra tyres, wheels are on campag hubs.

Story of this bike is that it was owned by an old neighbour who was getting rid of everything to move in with his family and he was told everything had to go as there was no storage. He used to ride the bike to and from Paisley to Glasgow to work everyday. I took it off his hands as he wanted it to still be used. Used it myself and its a lovely bike to ride, had grand plans to restore paintwork, etc but it's not happened and recently it's just sitting not getting used which is a travesty.

Previously priced higher as I expected folk to haggle, spoken to a couple of people in the know and priced at a more accurate selling price now given age, components and overall condition.

Having trouble uploading photos but hopefully OK to post link to Facebook ad while I try resolve

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 231658192/

Back