17’ early 90’s Clockwork Orange (Repainted by Argos)

Retro Spud

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
17’ early 90’s Clockwork Orange (Repainted by Argos)

I’ve finally come to terms with the fact that I need to part with my 17’ 1993/4 Clockwork, I out grew it well before the decade was out and moved on to a Pace in a larger size , but had such fond memories that around 2003 I had it repainted by Argos and despite various builds it never fitted me and so is still like new.

For the purest I’ve committed a number of major sins, so I’ll start here
1. The Original Blue and Silver fade went in favour of Green and silver (Orange never offered a green)
2. I had Argos remove the rack mounts from the rear drop outs before painting, In my eyes they always were a eye sore and detracted from the elegant lines
3. I’d never heard of Gil and his repro decals so purchased Clockwork anniversary Decals from Orange via Argos and had them remove the reference to “Anniversary” before applying
4. All but the Head tube decal have been clear coated over so you can’t remove them, at the time of repaint Orange did Plastic head tube badges so I've stuck one on ..which can easily be removed for something more period

Okay the good points
I think the Green and Silver colourway works really well
The frame looks sleek without rack mounts,
The paint is almost like new so its ready for you to start a build straight away

£120 Paypal (Gift) Inc Postage within UK mainland

You be the judge, I’ve included pictures of the three tiny chips to aid you

Bottom bracket not included in sale

nobby the sheep":wvqhnxl6 said:
Just hope he will sell it to me once I'm we'd/ sentenced lol

Nobby

if your 100% sure you want it, I'm prepared to keep it for yah....when do you think you'd be in position to take?

SPud

Latest posts

Back