Wanted 110BCD 32 tooth - middleburn/pace black/silver

markoc

Orange 🍊 Fan
Afternoon retrobikers. I’m looking for a 110 bcd pace or middleburn chainring - 32 tooth or 34 at a stretch. must be Brit kit for my build (so also maybe goldtec as I think they were Brit?) Black or silver. WYG?

5 bolt? They can’t make a 110bcd, 5 bolt chainring smaller than 33, and I only know of the TA Zephyr in that size.

I’ve never seen a Pace 110bcd chainring smaller than 36. I have some of those.

You’ll also need to be careful with what cranks you use. I had to modify some White Industries cranks to fit a 34t Wolftooth narrow wide ring in the outer position.

As Iveto says, less than 33T causes the teeth to overlap the bolts.
Superstar Components do a 110 pcd in 34 narrow-wide for another Brit option. I've run one for a couple of winters on my singlespeed, it's well-made.
It says 4-bolt in the URL summary, but the item is 5-bolt.

Hmmm.. Might need to go back to the drawing board then. I swapped out a Middleburn spider from red (smaller than 110) for Black (110) and wanted to stay with the same gearing. Appreciate the info and insight - time to think about plan B

I've got a 110 36 but its a bit big. Could always slap it on and see what it does to the gearing as its for an SS build.

Alternatively strip the ano on the red one, which is a bit extreme.

I can do a swap on the Middleburn spider - my black 94/58 for your red 94/58. I even have the grey/brown Middleburn 34 and 46 rings to match which I can sell.

Hang on - had another thought - I have a Middleburn Uno ring, which fits directly. Almost unused, I think it's 32T. Can Check.

I can do a swap on the Middleburn spider - my black 94/58 for your red 94/58. I even have the grey/brown Middleburn 34 and 46 rings to match which I can sell.

Hang on - had another thought - I have a Middleburn Uno ring, which fits directly. Almost unused, I think it's 32T. Can Check.

That sounds good - thanks for posting. Will take some measurements of what I have and get a pic up. Preference would be a spider and ring so if my red swaps with your black that would be great. Might be interested in the rings you have. I'll get a couple of pics up later this evening.

Hope the pics work. Red spider looks grotty but just needs a clean. Distance between bolt holes is 55mm so I think a 94bcd compact drive size. The black distance is 65mm which I think is 110bcd (thanks again Sheldon Brown)

Ideally I'd like a 94bcd black spider so I can run a red 32 tooth Pace ring that I have (and that I ran with the red spider) - its just red on red is too much for the current build.
D45CF85A-9B9A-4B4D-BF50-113377F9210F.jpeg FEC540FB-9F73-481D-B74A-16AA196CB56B.jpeg

Ah rats! No bother, I did wonder when you mentioned the uno. Will probably build it with a 38 tooth silver ring on black spider and see how it rides. Can then keep looking. I’ve been planning the damn thing 10+ years so need to get it done.

Latest posts

Back