09 Cove Hummer - Sold!

SlackAlice

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
EDIT: Sold, thanks for looking.

Okay, so my initial asking price is clearly too high and I do want to find a home for the bike. So new asking price is £1,050

I have decided to sell this very lovely 2009 17.5" Cove Hummer, which, I'm led to believe is one of the Litespeed made frames and looking for offers in the region of £1,050

I bought this bike 3 years ago as my winter HT and have thoroughly enjoyed owning and riding it around Hampshire and the Downs as an XC bike. A family relocation to the Norfolk Broads area later this summer, has me thinking that this bike will become surplus to requirements and it deserves to go to someone who will ride it more often than I inevitably will. Additionally, moving is not a cheap exercise!

The bike is in overall excellent condition, with a few light cable rub marks on the frame, some scuffs to the brake mounts and some surface marks to the driveside chainstay.
Most of the other kit is from 2011, bought new and has been lightly used and fastidiously maintained, cleaned and lubed. Last spring, after 2 winters’ riding, I stripped the bike and rebuilt it and due to a number of reasons, my riding this last winter was curtailed massively and my cyclemeter app shows just less than 15 hours riding on it since the rebuild.

Forks are from 2007 and were originally TALAS 90 - 130mm. These were serviced this time last year by TFT who also changed, as requested, to Float with a new FIT cartridge and fixed to 130mm , barely done 15hours since and feel super plush. The stanchions are unmarked and the legs have no scratches or marks. They are as near as dammit, new.

This is a tough, agile, lightweight bike, suited to many disciplines, XC, trail, AM and, dare I say, endu.... Nope, cant say it, but you know... It’s a capable, fun and hugely rewarding long-ish travel HT in that sublime ti way. I love the feel of this bike and trust that whoever next owns it, will do too.

Spec:
2009 17.5 Hummer Titanium frame. ( Made by Litespeed ) Lifetime warranty.

Fox Float FIT 130mm forks, 9mm QR.

Hope Headset and Headdoctor.
Thomson X4 stem, 100mm.
Easton CNT Composite Monkeylite low-rise bars.

Hope Mini Mono brakes. Hope floating rotors ( 180f + 160r ) and new pads on the front. Freshly bled.
Titanium rotor bolts.
Orange Lock-on grips.

Wheelset: XM 719 Disc 32h on Hope XC rear & Hope Pro II front.
Continental MK BC Protection 2.2 front - tubeless. 2 rides old.
Bontrager XR Mud Team Issue 2.0 rear - tubeless. Sipes still visible on the blocks. I have a little used Maxxis Crossmark 2.1 instead of the Bontrager if preferred.
Kore Ti skewers.

Raceface Deus XC Chainset 42-32-22.
Hope BB
Sram X0 shifters, 3x9.
Sram X0 9sp long cage r/mech with carbon Blackbox plate.
Sram X-9 3sp f/mech.
Sram 991 chain.
Sram 990 cassette, 11-36

Hope QR seatpost clamp
Thomson Elite post 27.2 x 400mm
Fizik Gobi XM wingflex, magnesium railed saddle.

Jagwire outer cables
Mowa hose clips

Pedals not included.

Think thats all.

Bike is ready to go, and is in lovely fully fettled condition. Whilst we all know that the sum of its parts are greater than the whole, at this stage, I would prefer to sell the bike complete.

Collection / delivery preferred, can courier. I’m based in Hampshire and willing to travel and/or meet part way. I’ll accept cash, bankers orders/drafts, bank transfers and PP (with agreement on sharing whatever the fees will be).

Offers in the region of £1,050 please. Thank you.

More pics available upon request, PM in profile.

Back