Zieleman Type Special

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Offering 1975 Zieleman Type Special frame + fork

The Zieleman Type Special was built by the Amsterdam frame builder Ko Zieleman. Both Ko and his frames enjoyed an interesting reputation. The person as unique character, the frames as thoroughbred chassis with excellent ride qualities. Ko didn't do sponsorships and every frame left the shop being paid for, but the Zieleman was the pick of many riders in competition. Each Zieleman that left the little shop on the Reggestraat is a one off. There are no two identical frames.

There are only quality frame parts used and the workmanship is very good. Crown, dropouts and driveside chainstay are chromed. The lugs are filed. Cut outs are enamelled. Imo the frame has a strong visual appeal.

Features
Reynolds 531 butted tubing for full frame
Bocama Competition lugs
Campagnolo 1010 drop outs and ends
'KZ' engravings in stay tops, wrap over stays
chromed crown, drop outs and drive side chainstay
enamelled cut outs
Seattube 60cm c-t
Toptube 560mm

Condition
Rider quality. It is good looking, but you need to have an appreciation for patina. There are chips, scratches and rusty spots (but absolutely no serious rust). The frame is structurally 100%. All fittings are 100%. It is the perfect frame for rides like the RetroRonde, l'Eroica etc.

Looking for 200 GBP shipped (headset pictured not included)

I will do my utmost on packaging. I will use foam tubing to wrap the frame and put everything in sturdy bike specific box.

4879107942_1ed88fe26d_b.jpg

4878499043_c255c8b095_b.jpg

"Condition
It is good looking, but you need to have an appreciation for patina."

From The Judge, these comments spoke to me - Christmas wrapping seems appropriate!

Congrats, Neil.

This frame is sold to a new happy owner. To all admires who missed out on this opportunity: please no tears, as I've something from another Dutch master in the same size that could help softening the pain considerably :) >>>

Jan de Reus

Happy Christmas, all!

9705678856_22914e7191_z.jpg

Back