Zenith frame or a today's found

Can you get hold of spokes/nipples, and tyres, or tubulars? That is to say, you need only a suitable pair of 36 hole rims to rebuild the wheels?

The better part of this project is the obstacles I have found. I decided not to restore the bike to the original specifications due to the lack of information and resources in general, so my best shot is assume this as a rolling project or a long term one.
After spend some time looking the frame (few large rusted unpainted spots) I will resprayed it for sure, I found seatpost that could work.
I have a lot of spokes and the machine to make a thread and the nipples, only need a pair of rims to suited well. I said before that I had a pair of Campagnolo Ypsilon rims laced to Athens hubs that I could use for but it is a shame to disassembled this wheels I better look for some clinchers rims with the right look to put all the bike together and as soon I find the missing parts I can replace then. In the mean while I still looking for some information about the frame, somebody said to me that perhaps the Zeus dropouts it is not a Zeus plus the fact that the BB is french style he also suggest that search for a french built frames.
Despite of the seatpost diameter 26.2 I still find proves of a very nice build, the BB is a Zeus 2000 Titanium (strada) according to VeloBase.com.
I keep on in my search for the true

Yes... 'zeu' and 'zeus' are not necessarily from the same source.. Making use of 'Occam's razor' can yield unexpected discoveries.. You mentioned that all bikes were imported, but there must have been framebuilders in Venezuela?

I know if resources are limited, and you want to get the bike into usable condition, you make use of what you've got, regardless of 'authenticity' or period-correctness.. 'year-perfect' bikes are a collector's fantasy never achievable or even concievable in the past, except maybe for sponsored riders. My bike is not even 'decade-perfect'...It never was, nor will it ever be..

If spoke count is the same, you could use either set of rims, maybe swap the Ambrosio Balance onto the Athena hubs and use the Campag. Epsilon? A lot of work.. and you can bet that as soon as you complete it a pair of nice old rims will turn up, because that is the way the world works....

Back