zaskar l.e. mid 90's v small.

whatfriends

Dirt Disciple
hi folks, up for sale is my trusty old zaskar le.

pics are here...

http://whatfriends.fotopic.net/c1732329.html

its a 15 inch frame centre to top, but with the dropped top tube its a hell of a lot smaller than that.

it was the first ever frame i bought new, that was sometime in the mid 1990's. it was before everyone made small jumpy/trialsy/street frames, and as thats what i wanted it for i just bought a bike with the smallest frame i could find....

ii mostly rode trials and street on it but also took it off road despite it being too small (im 5'10").

i sprayed it orange about 5 years ago to give it new lease of life, but then came into some cash and bought a more suitable bike.

the spec

* zaskar l.e. aluminium frame. 15 inch c to t.
* rst mozo pro 3.5inch fork. speed spring in one leg, the other left as elastomer so it wasnt to bouncy.. (found the other spring and some bits of elastomer which i'll add to the sale).
* front wheel... mavic 121 laced to a pace suspension carbon hub, one of the first sus hubs ever made. red spline drive nipples.
* rear wheel... hope xc with disc splines laced to mavic 521, the update to the 121.
* deore xt rear mech and and shifter. (no front mech or shifter)
* steel bash guard covering both inner and middle chainring (no outer ring).
* magura hs33's,(the old yellow ones with the nice levers and pad adjustment), in custom fun clown colours. both front and rear have two brake boosters on and both are quick release.
* azonic world force bar and stem. the best ever in my opinion.
* seat and front wheel qr are red xlite security ones with the removeable lever (i have the lever somewhere).
* rear qr is a silver hope one
* front tyre is kenda nevegal, rear is tioga.
* aheadset is WTB (wilderness trail bikes) momentum, in red. with grease port too.
* pedals are NOT INCLUDED.

the bad bits

* the downtube has taken a bit of a battering and has a couple of dents in it. i have ridden it for about three years with these dents and never had any troubles. they arent even noticable unless you are hopping on your back wheel and someone see's them.. they were caused from impact to a rounded metal object, with only the weight of the bike (i had jumped off already) from about 6 inches. i tried the same trick again hence more than one.
* having ridden trials i always wanted better brakes no matter how good they already were. so i (gently!?) took an angle grinder to the rims to roughen them up. i have a steady hand and didnt go crazy so no panic there. i would happily still ride with those rims.
* the left canti boss on the fork appears to have a crack in it, shown in one of the pics. its been like that for at least the last 5 years, i noticed it when i stripped the forks and clear laquered them. it never cause a problem, and with the two brake boosters the flex was minimal.
* there is NO SADDLE OR SEATPOST. nicked for another bike. sorry.

other than that i think it pretty sound. could do with a service and a clean. i have the magura bleed kit somewhere and also another wheels worth of spline drive nipples and nipple wrench too. i'll dig them out and throw them in.

as for price, to be honest i am pretty clueless as to this, im trying not to take into account sentimental value and memories. so what i have come up with is i very much hope to get £165 for it, plus postage cost. or collection from bristol, or newquay in about a week.

for more info, help with pricing, or further details, please email me, address in profile.

cheers for looking folks.

[/url]

i think someone sent me a pm - i got an email telling me there was in my inbox - but when i opened my inbox, there was nothing. if this was you, please send it again and post here too so i know. cheers.

cheers for that. 12 and half does ring a bell. can anyone suggest if this is a fair price or not? pm's of info very welcome.

replied.

please see new pic with measurements.

a to b 51cm
a to c 54cm
ground to z 64cm

apologies for my shoddy photochop skills.

Back