Your Favourite Driver?

Marshall was a legend, didn't he supposedly fake his medical certificates so he could still race...maybe that's why he ended like he did.

I've always been a big fan of Frank Sytner, a big character but I suppose he is only a domestic driver.

I thought Jacques Villeneuve was the last proper F1 driver, that was until he started moaning about everything and everybody, but he had balls.

For some reason when I was younger I was always supporting Karl Wendlinger...

i used to like the flair that Jean Alesi drove with,for Ferrari,never too scared to undertake a driver on the approach to a corner,real skill.James hunt also,he was living the dream.

Defiant":2x4zv8rq said:
When i started to watch F1 years back, ..., i was a big fan of Eddy Irvine
He gave me the impression that he was realy having fun, not taking things to seriously
A favourite does not have to be the best

How right you are! I miss the era of the 'playboy' driver, Irvin being the last of them, Hunt being my favorite. It was the idea that driving was just a part of what made them - drinking, tarting and hanging round with beautiful people being the rest. That was always why I wanted to be an F1 driver, not just because of the cars. It was like living the footballer lifestyle but with intelligent and a bit of class!

Can't imagine them doing that today - sure Hamiltons got that plastic bint on his arm and Kimi's an alcoholic but that's hardly the same....

RICHARD BURNS The only English world rally champion. RIP A great loss to this country and the world.

Senna.
Always admired Mcrae.
A mention has to go to Loeb. Not only for his driving and achievements, but one moment of true sportsmanship and honour. Taking a time penalty to avoid winning the world championship in respect of the death of Michael Park at the same weekend.

Back