yeti kopafeel or summit

Re: After studying the pic

cchris2lou":3hp6xcqd said:
slimjoe":3hp6xcqd said:
Just had a closer look at the pics of this..

I dont think this is a Kokopelli either, its looks totally wrong :roll:

Check out the the top of the seat tube it looks like a steel frame :?:

YETI used a standard back end to save money over the 1-2 piece ends they were using on their more expensive models but this doesnt look right..

Yes , the Kokopelli is the same as an ASRC but without he rounded bit at the back to save on cost .

it was never sold in the states , only sold in europe .

I think you mean ARCs & not ASRc (IE the carbon ASR!)..

gingernuts/badger":reohamxb said:
someone has spent £105.68 on a pile of poo.

:(

Agree, I was tempted to mail the bidder and tell him that he's been ripped off and to report it but I know that's easier said than done. Anyway the seller claims that he doesn't know much about the bike, clearly knew enough about what decals to put on a shite frame :roll:

mynchiboy":286a1i5g said:
Agree, I was tempted to mail the bidder and tell him that he's been ripped off

To be fair, if the bidder wasn't wise enough to ask questions like "Altus on a Yeti?", search google and compare the pictures, go and see it or get pics, or just question why someone who is isn't an expert on bikes rides a Yeti then they only have themselves to blame.

You'd have to imagine that if it really was a Kokopelli then there's a chance it's been stolen and therefore the buyer could be making himself liable for handling stolen goods. The first questions the police would want to know is what the bike is really worth and whether you received it for significantly less.

At the end of the day, the buyer has an okay mountain bike for £105 that looks quite nice. Were they ripped off? Nah. Expensive buy? Probably.

Well, ripped or not he has bought a chap yellow bike with Yeti stickers on... It's simply not fair.
You can get better deals, but the point is that the advertised object doesn't correspond to the description.

On the other hand, if you are into mtb enough to look for Yeti instead of Specialized or Cannondale, you should also be able to distinguish a cheap frame from a high end one...

Back