Yeti ASR-SL My Dream-build 08 - Update page 2

Re:

I had those tyres fitted to my AS-R for a short while, thought they looked good but the performance in mud wasn't great so changed them for some Conti Trail Kings.

Attachments

• Yeti ASR.jpg
    Yeti ASR.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 1,149
Re: Re:

It's funny how the skinwalls have such a 'Marmite' taste for so many people, I must admit I do love 'em and have skinwalls on all my others.

DynaCol":3h2k2h6q said:
I had those tyres fitted to my AS-R for a short while, thought they looked good but the performance in mud wasn't great so changed them for some Conti Trail Kings.

I remember seeing yours DynaCol when doing some research, looks an awesome bike! Cheers for the head's up on the Canis. I might try a Ibex on the front if there's little grip, keeping the skinwall look.

Re: Build 3....Yeti ASR-SL! Now built! Picture heavy!

So since the last post, I'm happy to say the final few parts arrived!

Settled for a XT 11 speed gear set up along with a Raceface Aeffect 32t crank. The Aeffect used the 24mm spindle which means I can use the Hope BB already fitted. It will be interesting to see the difference and to see if it's geared enough for higher speed trails.I've been searching for the crank for ages but they seemed to be out of stock everywhere! It's crazy the size of the cassette, it's like a dinner plate!
Finally added a KMC chain and built it up as quick as possible ready for a trip to Gisburn.

After checking it over and setting up the cockpit and sag etc I noticed a small crack in the shock linkage which wasn't there before set up. In taking the rear triangle apart the previous over for whatever reason replaced the titanium bolt with a shorter alloy one which didn't go all the way through the bushes and has then bent, placing stress on the linkage and the crack! Must have been as soon as some weight's been placed on = crack :facepalm: After being absolutely gutted I must say a huge thanks to YetiFan after e-mailing a number of questions and part numbers he ensured I got all the correct parts and within days. Defo the first stop for anything Yeti!

Bar a few little parts, cables shortened etc it's finished! I must admit, I'm really happy with the end result...even better than I thought! I still can't believe I now have a Yeti ready to shred!!

Attachments

• Crank.jpg
    Crank.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,112
  • cassette.jpg
    cassette.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,112
  • Yeti Drive side.jpg
    Yeti Drive side.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 1,112
  • cockpit.jpg
    cockpit.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 1,112
  • Rear triangle.jpg
    Rear triangle.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 1,112
  • None drive side.jpg
    None drive side.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 1,112
Re: Build 3....Yeti ASR-SL!

...i must reconfirm... it's simply perfect!
you've buy also the same crankset that i'll buy for my bike...
how does the vertu saddle works?

Re:

That's a really nice looking bike, the amberwalls seem to really work on it.

I have a Raceface Affect crankset (32t) with 10/42 out back and the ratios are good.

Re: Yeti ASR-SL Dream-build 08 - updated

Thanks for the words guys and apologies for the lack of updates, been a busy year with a wedding to plan!

Few recent updates. After about 6 months and no proper rides I finally got the brake cables shortened by my LBS. Also purchased a new Fabric Radius saddle, couldn't live the wet backside of the 'web' seat. Finally some Hope QR Skewers to match the other Hope parts, Race Face Crank boots to save the arms and a gold KMS SL chain for a bit of bling.

The bikes been on a few rides now including Gisburn forest and it rides great. Really quick and light over rough ground. Next steps to play around more with the shock pressures and tyre combo as the Onza Canis front isn't the best in the winter slop so maybe try some tyre combos - Skinwall is a must though!! Main thing, I absolutely Love It!

Frame: 2008 Yeti AS-R sl

Fork: Fox Float RL 120mm
Shock: Fox RP23 Boostvalue

Headset: Cane Creek Forty
Stem: Race Face Turbine 35mm
Handlebar: Race Face Next Carbon 35mm
Grips: RaceFace Half Nelson plus ODI end caps

Brakes: Hope X2
Brake Pads: Hope
Brake Levers: Hope Race EVO
Shifters: XT
Front Derailleur: N/A
Rear Derailleur: Shimano
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: XT 11-42T
Chain: KMC X11SL Gold
Cranks: Race Face AEFFECT 32T
Crank Bolts: N/A
Chainrings: Race Face
Chainring bolts: N/A - Cinch
Bottom Bracket: Hope
Pedals: Flats DMR Flats

Hub Skewers: Hope QR Black
Rims: Easton EA70 XCT
Hubs: Easton EA70 XCT
Nipples: Easton EA70 XCT
Spokes: Easton EA70 XCT
Tyres: Onza Canis Skin Wall
Tubes: Continental
Seatpost: Thomson Elite Laidback
Seatpost Binder: Hope QR Black
Seat: fabric Raduis

Weight: Need to find out but I hope Light!

Attachments

• IMG_4753.JPG
    IMG_4753.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_4758.JPG
    IMG_4758.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 787
  • IMG_4766.JPG
    IMG_4766.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 787
Loungekabouter":2qbhtltb said:
That is an awesome ASR ! Looking really sexy !

Cheers Loungekabouter! That's a cool quote from a Yeti fan! How's the ARC builds going?
Picked up some more aggressive tyres for the Yeti, some Mavic Roam XL's but they're black and not skinwall so will see how they look!

Back