YETI A.R.C 1996

YETI ARC

I bought the Dean post because it had the central beam like a Thomson post does today, I was never keen on the 26.8 post diam.
I have the rear FRO tyre and I promise I'll level the seat.

I also have a set of NOS Grafton levers (still in packaging) and cantilevers, I was going to rebuild the ARC in true old school style, too many other projects to complete.

:( Ameybrook, It's people like you who put new posters off, I personally find your comment insulting.

If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all, are u related to George Bush by birth?, enough said,

Passiflora

first and foremost....... welcome

nice bike. the build is not a disaster by any standard. some parts may not be perfect but its your bike. if we all rode catalogue style bikes the retro and modern comunity would not exist.

good job some here have manners :D

Welcome,

The bike looks great !!

I love the colour, i (personally) would fit a different seatpost & change the tyre on the rear, other than that its looking class

Not everyone is going for concourse builds on here, some folk need to live & let live

Ride it and enjoy it, more importantly, just show it off :cool: ;)

Gc

If you want everyone else to love your bike then paint it blue and yellow, put some date correct decals on it and as much Pauls and XTR and Turqoise Ringle as will fit.

If you like it, ride it. (And don't worry about opinions.)

Welcome to Retrobike!

;)

ARC

Welcome. First and foremost, that ARC deserves the Grafton brakeset

fitting and also the IRC YETI rear tyre.

It will then be even more awesome than it is now. Id put a date of 96 on

this. I had a YETI from that year ;)

nice bike yeah. if mine there would be some small component changes, but for sure, level that seat out, whack a knobby tyre on the back and ride her! no point having museum pieces, at the end of the day its a mountain bike...they like to be ridden and get dirty

The Yeti looks well in the red, makes an interesting change.

Retrobike is inclusive. If people want to keep their rides garaged and in concours condition that is fine. If they want to ride them into the ground that is also fine.

Think calling the build a 'disaster' is a little harsh although would agree it could be perhaps a little more homogeneous. For some reason I do quite like the almost but not quite colour matched maguras.

Be vaguely interesting to know what year that Yeti really is.

passiflora":b8l5spma said:
:( Ameybrook, It's people like you who put new posters off, I personally find your comment insulting.

If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all, are u related to George Bush by birth?, enough said,

Passiflora

Wind your neck in. Think your linking anyone to Mr Bush is far worse than the original comment which so upset you.

Back