For Sale Xtr m970 crank bolts - aftermarket carbon fibre

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've been hunting high and low for years for replacement options for the stock bolt that comes with the m970 cranks. The only option I'd found was the yumeya option, but both they and the standard one are scarce to say the least.

I'd almost given up on finding any aside from buying cranks just to get the bolts when Eureka, I found some aftermarket ones located in Australia.

A kind RB member helped me get them to the UK, as seller wouldn't ship to UK due to Brexit rules and regs. I've kept some for myself but bought more than I needed as I though there may be others looking for replacement bolts.

They are pretty cool, carbon fibre inserts and not just the nds bolt but two bolts, one with a compression assembly to blank off the open drive side axle.

I'm after £20 a set Inc UK postage. Will discount if you want more. I've got 6 sets to sell.

Pics below.

Attachments

• PSX_20230115_234358.jpg
    PSX_20230115_234358.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 49
  • PSX_20230115_234415.jpg
    PSX_20230115_234415.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Bump. I searched for a few years to find after market or even oe Shimano ones and came up empty until I chanced upon these and bought all they had, I've kept some for my own cranks but don't need them all.

I've got a yumeya one on a build. It is different to the standard bolt as it's gold, has some drilling to lighten it a little too.

These are different as they cover the open-end on the drive side as well as act as the non drive side bolt to the axle. They have the carbon fibre insert to add a bit of bling and assume a little weight loss?

What did you have in mind when asking about comparing to yumeya bolt as happy to try and answer any questions.

As for price, £20 8nc UK post.

Hi

i will take a pair please. Let me know how to make payment of the £20.

I was only interested in yumeya as I could get from Greece but would cost more due to postage.

thanks
faried

Here's a pic of a set mounted, well placed onto a set of m970 cranks I have yet to fit to a build.

Drive side slots in and clamps via an Allen key which compresses a sleeve against the inside of the axle.

Non drive side bolts into the axle and covers the plastic washer you remove to fit the extractor tool. I haven't fully bolted it down, but the bolt has a step which sits against the inner cranks arm, tightening it all down.

Attachments

• PSX_20230723_233923.jpg
    PSX_20230723_233923.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 21
Back