Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I’m curious to know what sizes Top Pull M900 type front mechs came in
So far I’ve seen 31.8, 34.9 and 28.6

now my seat tube is seemingly 32mm (a fraction over) would that mean 34.9 and a shim or would a 31.8 be able to fit ?

Attachments

• CD1FCC45-1995-4073-BC5E-325C3F0FCB50.jpeg
    CD1FCC45-1995-4073-BC5E-325C3F0FCB50.jpeg
    327.7 KB · Views: 3
Probably the thickness of the paint. Remember that 31.8 is for that size, not the nominal dimension of the band...hance why the bolt hole is elongated to allow the bad to flex and take up any differences.

Probably the thickness of the paint. Remember that 31.8 is for that size, not the nominal dimension of the band...hance why the bolt hole is elongated to allow the bad to flex and take up any differences.
Yes hence I asked - I should’ve been a bit clearer. The bolt hole flex should account for the 0.3mm of extra girth. I presume

I have one identical to the one above, which says 1 3/8" on the back, which is about 38mm.

Hasty fool that I am, I managed to jam the tightening mechanism when fitting it, and had to cut it off the frame.

If it's any use Ibbz I'll karma it to you. The mech is mint but the band isn't - it's been welded back together so still usable, but with a shim it will fit

Last edited:
Back