X Lite Titanium Pro UPDATE 4.4.12

Thanks Mark.

Can't wait to get it... It should be arriving today :)

The only problem is, it's coming to my work address so I'll have to sit here and look at the box until 4pm when I can go home to unpack it...!

Very nice, but that chainset doesn't go with the build IMHO.

Also first Gen'Crossmax's? are the sidewalls not badly pitted?

al. :D

I love spending other peoples money!! ;)

al":1craxni9 said:
Very nice, but that chainset doesn't go with the build IMHO.

Also first Gen'Crossmax's? are the sidewalls not badly pitted?

al. :D

I love spending other peoples money!! ;)

The chainset doesn't go with the build at all and is one of the first things I want to change provided I don't have to sell the bike first (which is now looking likely as my work hours have been cut :( )

Yay!! New chainset on its way!

There's a pic of it at the top of the thread.

The RaceFace cranks are nice in their own right, but just don't suit the bike so I'm glad they're being swapped out and I think the RS7s will really set it off :)

I've decided to stick with M737/M739 for the mechs, cassette and brakes as the stuff that I have is in mint condition..

I've got a NOS set of M739 V Brakes on the way with the newer (black) linkage, and the gold jockey wheels are being sold to make way for some nice blue ones to tie in with the cranks and crank bolt...

The lovely Crossmax have been sold, so all I need now are some nice blue Hope wheels, some new black/grey cable outer and some new pedals ;)

I've sold a few bits and pieces, so I've had a little bit of a spending spree and the following bits are now on their way to me:

NC17 Bottle Cage Bolts, Blue:

18774-1.jpg

Self-extracting Crank Bolts, Blue (I was going to go for the Middleburn ones, but CRC are out of stock of the blue so this is a generic "Brand X" version)... I realise that they're a brighter shade of blue in the pictures than the bottle cage bolts, but I'm not too bothered about it:

1201-1.jpg

SARS sealed bearing pedals, Grey with Gold spindle. Didn't want to get the blue ones as they might have been a bit overkill.. I also went for the smaller "fixie" pedals pictured, rather than the full-on MTB platforms. Lovely quality pedals and only 198g per pair! :

SARS%20pedals%20all.jpg

Love this bike and looking forward to the build.

I remember seeing the first set of X-Lite forks which Rex Trimnel fabricated for his Son Alex. He popped them on a Klein Rascal and brought them to my LBS (Bournemouth MTB Centre) and rode it about the car park.

They had their operations just down the road in Poole..darkened their doors a few times to scab some stickers..heh heh...

Cheers mate and hope you enjoy it when it arrives :D

Rich

Rich":m6ireupm said:
Love this bike and looking forward to the build.

I remember seeing the first set of X-Lite forks which Rex Trimnel fabricated for his Son Alex. He popped them on a Klein Rascal and brought them to my LBS (Bournemouth MTB Centre) and rode it about the car park.

They had their operations just down the road in Poole..darkened their doors a few times to scab some stickers..heh heh...

Cheers mate and hope you enjoy it when it arrives :D

Rich

I've had it for a couple of weeks now and it's gorgeous... I'm just in the process of swapping a few of the bits over to make it a bit more period-correct.

The Middleburns should be here today or tomorrow which is the one thing I wanted to swap more than anything so I'm very happy :)

Back