Swap X-Lite L168 'Betsy's Multi-Coloured Swap Shop'

Any sodium hydroxide/caustic soda will strip ano but it often comes crystallized which you mix up yourself, the Oven Pride has a good level of concentration and it's a ready-mixed gloop so doesn't splash on your skin when you're mixing it.

If you do.. as soon as the Oven Pride has done it's wrok, dump the part into hot soapy water to remove the caustic soda before it starts eating into the aluminium.
fullsizeoutput_3248.jpeg

...and scrub with residue away with a toothbrush

fullsizeoutput_3245.jpeg

It depends on how much anodising is on the part, i stripped a headset spacer a while ago and it took a good 10mins with the same solution, agitating with a paintbrush to speed up the process whereas those x-lite stems with strip in just a couple of mins.

Good call. Always use eye protection! Especially when using wire wheels on drills. Never risk it, seriously, even if all you have is sunglasses, put them on. I once removed my safety glasses when cutting tiles with a disc cutter as they had got dirty and I was doing an intricate cut. A tiny slice of the glaze stuck straight in my eyball. Luckily it came out after 5 minutes of hell.

/\ /\ /\ this!!! i've had metal shards in the iris twice.....it was the first time when my eye focused on the needle entering my eyeball that was a bit unpleasant!.... the 2nd time was no better! i'd haved loved 5 mins of hell at this point!...now where is that oven cleaner??

Worry not! i'm a time served master pattern maker (in the engineering sense) so quite used to handling chemicals, in fact those chemical resistant containers i'm using above are from DEV-103 solution which is an advanced spotting/dry cleaning fluid which i use for removing mould release solution... it also works a charm for degreasing your drivetrain without affecting your paintwork 😁 you don't want that in your eye either

A few weeks ago, my mrs said that there was breaking news re- some kind of exposure to toxic chemicals in one of the flats at Park Hill, resulting in the flat owner being seriously injured and 4 police officers being hospitalised, once the facts were established it turned out not to be terrorism just some hipster who got a bit overenthusiastic with the household cleaning products...

BBC News

😂🤣

Back