X-IT Dual-Eez Cantilever Brake cable hanger

JeRkY":9kcrk17l said:
nice, i'll take a pair, where do I send the echeque :p

HA HA! Unfortunately you're about 10 years too late! :cry: ;)

I should also point out that X-IT also made nutted front hubs with oversized bearings and large flanges, before oversized bearings and large flanges were cool. They were three piece designs, with high polished bodies and grey military hardcoat anodized flanges. They were quite successful built up radial style, even in 28 hole configuration. I don't have one of those anymore, but they were neat. Sort of an oversized Bullseye looking thing.

There were also two projects on the drawing board when X-IT called it quits to take on the possibility of Maverick (I'd guess, the timing was about right...I was already gone and doing city planning work back here in Florida). Those projects were a bearingless hub that relied on teflon impregnated self lubricating ceramic bushings (being developed for a suspension company that will rename nameless, I signed a confidentiality agreement for that one! :shock: ) and a cable activated derivative of the AMP disc brake...again for an altogether different suspension fork company...some of that went in to production, in a very different form than the prototype.

It was a cool time in the industry, I'll tell you. I miss those days...even if I did work two jobs and live on frozen peas! :LOL: :cool:

Back