WTD: dirt cheap road bike

jax13

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
i'm thinking of trying myself on a road bike again for the commute to work and in the hope that i can get my post-op knee strengthened up without too much stress by avoiding single track for a while and staying on the hard stuff.

for fitting on it - i'm about 5'10" & a shave under 15 stone (i'm still at my hibernation weight :LOL:)

i have no real knowledge of roadbikes other than the wheels are bigger & skinnier and it seems mandatory to be lycra-clad from head to toe so anything will be considered however i'm on a mentally tight budget at the moment so i'm after something that works but it can be rougher than a rough things rough thing cosmetically!

any help appreciated!

thanks

When i get laid off on friday i will have my daily ride up for sale, im 6'1 and its a tad small for me.

It's a modern B'twin road bike, steel framed but nothing fancy as it weighs a fair bit...anyway you are in cheshire so you aren't too far away 45 quid if you pick it up.

Slightly related i know where there is a peugot roadbike for 39 quid, carbolite tubing so again nothing special there either but i could get hold of it if you wanted it... It looked a bit small for me so i didnt get it myself.

Back