Wtd: Chris King shakers

badnewsbrown13

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As the title says, looking for a set of King salt and pepper shakers.
Granted they're not particularly common so willing to hand over a kidney each from all 9 of my neices and nephews.

Steve

Like these...? :cool:

Someone mentioned a while back that they're available on some online site. Don't ask me where :facepalm:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 482
That's the badgers.
They're not generally held as a stock item as they're a bit of an unknown, only available when King have some sub-standard hub shells and re-task them as shakers.

Interesting. Shame it's US though, I've had dramas and problems with so much stuff I've had from over there, all to do with import and taxes.

Have bought several times CK item at AVT and never had to pay duties or taxes. Think rules allmost should be the same EU wise?

No, different tax rules. I bought a pair of Oakleys from the US and the price nearly doubled with the import tax, shipping, handling etc so it's really put me off buying from over there. Buying from Europe has the slight advantage of only paying the postage.

AVT used to pride themselves on sending items with a lower value and "mostly" avoiding import duties. They send items using USPS which is handled by royal mail once it hits UK, this stands a better chance of being "missed" than it coming in with a courier firm
With the current Dollar/Sterling rates it's not the best time to buy, but if you really want a set AVT are your best option, unless you want to pop over to Portland ;)

Back