WTD.195-200mm rear shock

Yes, i do. I've seen it done.

FWIW a 5mm longer shock on the bike downstairs that is in for service will crack the linkage off the front of the seat tube on every top out (~1mm overlap), 5mm more stroke (with the right length shock) will smash the seatstay bridge into the back of the seat tube on every bottom out, unless the tyre hits the back of the seat tube first. It's pretty close as to which one it'll be. Might even catch the mast for the front mech first, which will either bring my mate to a very rapid halt, rip a massive hole in the tyre or rip the mast off. Which as it's welded to the seat tube, will likely leave a tidy sized hole.

Just realised my shock has the mounts/bushes 90 degrees out of alignment, so probably no use to anyone other than my frame

mattr":27ubm5em said:
Yes, i do. I've seen it done.

FWIW a 5mm longer shock on the bike downstairs that is in for service will crack the linkage off the front of the seat tube on every top out (~1mm overlap), 5mm more stroke (with the right length shock) will smash the seatstay bridge into the back of the seat tube on every bottom out, unless the tyre hits the back of the seat tube first. It's pretty close as to which one it'll be. Might even catch the mast for the front mech first, which will either bring my mate to a very rapid halt, rip a massive hole in the tyre or rip the mast off. Which as it's welded to the seat tube, will likely leave a tidy sized hole.

I was gifted a 205mm Van R. Swapped the bushes. Chucked it in. No clearance issues whatsoever. I imagine there is an increase in overall travel and a little more ground clearance. Took it for a quick potter round Brechfa...rides lovely at my pace!

Thanks for your invaluable assistance ;)

Back