Wow, think I’m sat on a goldmine.

To add to my point, here in Denmark 'retro' bikes have always been a wee bit too dear. Nothing TOO extreme, but recently it's been a fecking mess. We are talking people listing half broken, rusted through pieces of litter for the price of a kidney.

Our world is all about retro, vintage and antique, but in the worst way possible.

I sell my stuff at real world prices and usually knock £10 off any price I see on Ebay. That or I just give it away. I still make a few pounds here and there but I told myself 25 years ago, 'Your' not going to make yourself a millionare out of selling bike bits so why bother'. I've recently given two bikes away, just because I can and I like to make someone smile.

Karma is a great thing to have in your life. And no I'm not a hippy, I just like being nice.

This guy can go suck my dead grandma's arse, along with Grannigear or whatever the profiteering shit bag is called.

We the community all know how much things are worth, we need to stop advertising these arseholes by postign their sales on the forum. Just walk on by anything listed with a silly price attached.

That's my two 'penneth.

I sell my stuff at real world prices and usually knock £10 off any price I see on Ebay. That or I just give it away. I still make a few pounds here and there but I told myself 25 years ago, 'Your' not going to make yourself a millionare out of selling bike bits so why bother'. I've recently given two bikes away, just because I can and I like to make someone smile.

Karma is a great thing to have in your life. And no I'm not a hippy, I just like being nice.

This guy can go suck my dead grandma's arse, along with Grannigear or whatever the profiteering shit bag is called.

We the community all know how much things are worth, we need to stop advertising these arseholes by postign their sales on the forum. Just walk on by anything listed with a silly price attached.

That's my two 'penneth.
Agreed 👍 Advertising the listing for comedy value is fun though:LOL:

That's my two 'penneth.
Fully agree, I know these sort of posts pop up every now and then but it’s great to have a rant with you guys!

My bikes don’t owe me anything anymore. I can’t say I haven’t had some great sales myself but when I have it’s been out of necessity. Got to say when I’ve been able to karma something someone wanted on here it’s a much better feeling than any money I’ve ever made!

I've been making pence upon pence out of my sales of retro air, tyre furry bits (those bits that stick out of a new tyre) and other nostalgia (white dog shit sells well on the German sites, I cannot make enough of it! )

I've been making pence upon pence out of my sales of retro air, tyre furry bits (those bits that stick out of a new tyre) and other nostalgia (white dog shit sells well on the German sites, I cannot make enough of it! )
I like it, thinking outside of the box there. Every bike I do I scrape all of the grease out in to tubs - Campagnolo for US sales and Shimano for ze Germans. Liberal use of the words Eroica and Kult and you’ve got an income stream.

Looking at the sold listings, they are steadily but not speedily selling their stuff. I've found with my non-bike stuff that being willing to ship overseas makes a big difference to how much people are willing to pay. This is especially true of countries with good exchange rates with ours or where stuff is extremely difficult to get a hold of. A well laid out and written listing together with good photography can make a big difference too - too many people list with barely literate text speak and crappy photos which (deliberately) obscure the bad bits. I bought a part the other week, and it was bent - which wasn't at all clear from the photography.

Listing at a high price to start with - often attracts watchers and then you can send them best offers, or reduce prices and they'll be notified. Some people will buy anything if they think they've got a bargain ie a reduction on the original price.

All of the above, of course, in no way justifies some of their prices - just indicate how they can get away with it and why people are willing to buy.

Back