Wow, think I’m sat on a goldmine.

Gtpulse

Dyna-Tech Fan
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
And if you want skewers for some of those you’ll have to cough up more as they are being rinsed separately.

Those prices are crazy. I also like how they try to sound like a big company rather than just a bloke in his shed selling tat.

Those prices are crazy. I also like how they try to sound like a big company rather than just a bloke in his shed selling tat.
Spot on, this comment made me re click the link just to read the description.

I’ve often wondered when I see really high prices is there some benefit to doing this that doesn’t involve selling the stuff? If it’s run as a company as such does the value of the inventory make a difference?

I’ve often wondered when I see really high prices is there some benefit to doing this that doesn’t involve selling the stuff? If it’s run as a company as such does the value of the inventory make a difference?
Maybe there's some kind of accounting trick where it's advantageous to initially list at very high prices. I often see people repeatedly re-listing, dropping the BIN price or auction starting price by 5-10% each time until a buyer bites. How does Ebay listings work for commercial type selling? Can people pay a monthly fee to list and relist as much as they like? If yes then starting ridiculously high and dropping slowly might make sense, although possibly it could backfire if buyers frown on that type of approach.

Maybe there's some kind of accounting trick where it's advantageous to initially list at very high prices. I often see people repeatedly re-listing, dropping the BIN price or auction starting price by 5-10% each time until a buyer bites. How does Ebay listings work for commercial type selling? Can people pay a monthly fee to list and relist as much as they like? If yes then starting ridiculously high and dropping slowly might make sense, although possibly it could backfire if buyers frown on that type of approach.
I think it's just nutters trying their luck until their luck runs out (lowering repeatedly)

I think a lot of people have wounded pride in selling stuff.

Back