Worst component you've ever unfortunately dealt with

bigpantswheels":3lb3tn4t said:
Bio pace was probably not a bad idea but just not done right. Didn't Wiggins ride ovalized chainrings in the Tour?

He rides them all the time as do a lot of other riders but the ones he uses have advanced quite a bit since the Biopace ones. The shape is completely different. I think Shimano were trying quite hard with the concept but didn't quite get it right. Whenever I've used them (but only off-road) I've felt my pedalling action very strange - especially in conjunction with a rear suspension bike!

The Rigida perforated rims they used to fit to low end bikes in the early 1980s. Dreadful braking in all conditions, rusted like buggery and they were really brittle too.

RooX R4 seat post. Under-sized and constantly slipped in seat tube and top plate bent.
Shame, as an older one on my Pace was bomb proof.

Having been out on my bike this morning, i have discovered that the worst component i have dealt with are my legs, they seem to be worn and a bit rattlely and after some use have turned to a jelly-like substance. Any suggestions where i could obtain a new set or at least NOS?

TGR":crvxx1k5 said:
Having been out on my bike this morning, i have discovered that the worst component i have dealt with are my legs, they seem to be worn and a bit rattly and after some use have turning to a jelly-like substance. Any suggestions where i could obtain a new set or at least NOS?
ha ha , best answer yet

Back