Work bikes

Re: Kuwahara Pro Comp Se

keevo":u9imswrg said:
My "new" commuter. After unexpected rear wheel failure with my slick-tired summer commuter and fall/winter coming in here in finland, did score this to cover commutes.

It´s gonna have mudguards. It has full grouppo of stx SE (shiny!) almost bit too nice to give a winter beater status. Has been also nicely maintained, which is nice.

It is buttled 4130 and weights whopping 13kg/28,3lbs as shot.

i keep forgetting that the rest of the world gets cold and is older than Australia.. exposed pipes and heat panel <maybe?> in garage..

nice bike too!!!

The Dawes had a rear mech upgrade, rack and mudguards for winter. I've got a matching front rack to go on too... Doesn't look as pretty, but for going to the supermarket in the rain, it's a far more pleasant thing.

Love this bike.

Attachments

• DSCF9660.jpg
    DSCF9660.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 6,823
Newly acquired and serviced '88 Saracen Blizzard...

iuomJ_Yais-citiR7LDB0HrVipjzST6ZD49UVUTCPpwNHn16cHfRcF7UhxKUk3PGiOhqId7Ig2Wk_ZHwmn-2u1NGik09BgYtj9gmrg6vO_z8oaEHsc8lPXCUIWAVqka8CY5IkEYcmw=w1200

Re: Re:

Titiritero":b99ybot2 said:
Tomilindfors":b99ybot2 said:

Nice picture!!

What is the front rack? I'm looking for one exactly like that, with possibility of carrying side panniers but also with a top loading bay to strap the tent or something. I've only found the Surly (expensive and heavy) and I also like the one that comes from factory on the new Trek 920 but I can't find a name to buy it separately.
Don't know if you got a response for this. Here's one a few years late... :D It's a Pelago Commuter rack. I use the wide (L) one right now. It fits two Ortliebs on the sides and tent, mattress and sleeping bag on the top. 15 kg maximum load.

My workhorse has to work hard, i built it for it's tasks by shortening a GT Quatrefoil and fitting it with GT LTS/STS rear suspension, as a basis.

LCizZo7.jpg

• Love
Reactions: CTK
^ like a lot. I love bikes built for purpose in mind no matter what the discipline may be.

I'm still surprised no re-purposed old butchers bikes have surfaced here.

Back