Wookiees 2011 Marin CXR Team 29er NOW DEAD!!

Re: Wookiees 2011 Marin CXR Team 29er

chiswickcollectables":gvwm1huj said:
Really really like that Doug.. and love it when people are happy with their ride. I've yet to try a 29er but the whole idea of bigger wheels makes sense........ I bet it gets a shift on on the trails and eats the bumps :cool:

Its sweet mate and would suit you down to the ground! Try it you might just like it!

You said that you won't take offence to negative comments - I'll avoid giving my opinion on the wheel size because I know that it's entirely subjective. Personally though, 29ers aren't for me.

That said - and again this is entirely personal so please don't take offence - If I had a £4,000 bike, the show off in me would want it to shout out to everyone that it was a £4,000 bike (on a similar vein it's probably why you see lots of Red/Yellow Ferraris and not many beige ones ;) ). It might just be the way that it's photographed but that paint job looks like it would be just as at home on a £400 Marin let alone one 10 times the price.

:oops:

Love the XTR kit though. Those brakes are absolutely lovely. Want want want :D

Barneyballbags":9uannlgx said:
You said that you won't take offence to negative comments - I'll avoid giving my opinion on the wheel size because I know that it's entirely subjective. Personally though, 29ers aren't for me.

That said - and again this is entirely personal so please don't take offence - If I had a £4,000 bike, the show off in me would want it to shout out to everyone that it was a £4,000 bike (on a similar vein it's probably why you see lots of Red/Yellow Ferraris and not many beige ones ;) ). It might just be the way that it's photographed but that paint job looks like it would be just as at home on a £400 Marin let alone one 10 times the price.

:oops:

Love the XTR kit though. Those brakes are absolutely lovely. Want want want :D

I know where you are coming from with the paint job so no offence taken! Its not a grab you by the balls and squeeze kinda thing...and nothing that you wouldnt see on any old bike. And yes it is understated and nothing that says £4K! But then I guess I am a more of an understated guy...(I'd go for a nice blue Ferrari!) To be honest the black parts in the flesh show the carbon weave, which was hard to capture in the pics, and the trail ones were on my phone! :oops: To me though the looks are one thing, the ride is something else and for the money I think I hit the nail on the head and got what I wanted...

Thanks for the opinions though and yup the XTR is sweet! :cool:

Exeter Man":27palllk said:
The proportions look good for a 29er - what size is it and/or how tall are you? I'm only 5'8" and like my bikes 'chuckable', so I'm not sure a 29er would look right in my size.

Regards

Depends on what you mean by looking right? I'm 5ft 4" but still manage to throw mine around - 440mm rigid fork lowers the front, but fitted with Surly Knard 3" wide tyres for an even bigger wheeled look:

Cf1xt2Vl.jpg

monty dog":1impz664 said:
Exeter Man":1impz664 said:
The proportions look good for a 29er - what size is it and/or how tall are you? I'm only 5'8" and like my bikes 'chuckable', so I'm not sure a 29er would look right in my size.

Regards

Depends on what you mean by looking right? I'm 5ft 4" but still manage to throw mine around - 440mm rigid fork lowers the front, but fitted with Surly Knard 3" wide tyres for an even bigger wheeled look:

Cf1xt2Vl.jpg

That does look MASSIVE! Very sweet but how is it for climbing with such a lower centre of gravity?

Oh how the new bike fits in with the Marin clan!

Attachments

• fleet 2.jpg
    fleet 2.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 501
  • fleet 1.jpg
    fleet 1.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 501

Looks good and I like the fact that it is understated. Certainly a nice collection of Marins!

superstu":2mgxj0uh said:
Looks good and I like the fact that it is understated. Certainly a nice collection of Marins!

Thanks mate about 20 years ago I used to manage a Levis store and we had 2 styles of sweatshirt for sale. One with a large frontal full width levis logo and one with just a little red levis breast tag...we used to say that the large logo were for those that wanted people to know that they were wearing levis the small levis tag for those who just wanted the quality....I'm more about the latter...I dont want to shout about it...

Doug

Just seen this on here , saw the FB pics and must say its a bargain at that price for that kit :cool:

A great addition to the already cool collection ;)

Loing the garage floor too Dougs Rugs :LOL:

Gravy Monster":2o9gx2h1 said:
Just seen this on here , saw the FB pics and must say its a bargain at that price for that kit :cool:

A great addition to the already cool collection ;)

Loing the garage floor too Dougs Rugs :LOL:

Cheers James!...welcome to Dugrugs! Come on in I do you veeeerrry goood price super super rugs, look perfecto in your home! To be honest we moved house in April to this place with the integral garage and it came with the rugs/carpet which is good on the feet when standing and staring at the fleet!

Well I do love a Marin and the CXR Team originally came with a mix of SLX and XT and at a price of £2999...so with the XTR thats gotta be a £4000 build! And most of it is new...I know its not retro but it is loverly to ride!

Doug

Back