Wookiee's 1991 Specialized Allez Epic Carbon

Re:

Hey Doug ,

There's some NOS ones on ebay right now , plus a couple of pairs s/h . Would do a link , but, er , can't yet ! :oops:

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2gyqe4jx said:
Hey Doug ,

There's some NOS ones on ebay right now , plus a couple of pairs s/h . Would do a link , but, er , can't yet ! :oops:

Mike

Hahaha yeah seen the ebay NOS ones....hmmm maybe I could stretch to that but on the look for a decent used pair.

Re:

Got the 105 pedals today and fitted them and went for a ride this evening...I think its there now, and I will leave any more tinkering alone untill things wear out. Having been a lifelong BMX then MTB rider this is a new world for me on the road bike but I am for the 1st time seeing the attraction of it! I said to my wife tonight after the ride compared to my MTB's its like iceskating....fast, quiet, and easier than snowboarding off piste!

Re:

Still loving the ride...been out a lot over the last month or so (well for me!) I dont get home from work till 7.30/8pm so I have been going out every night for the last couple of weeks for a little 10/11 mile loop. Its still a sweet ride! I am slightly cautious of the flex in the fork as I fear a fail at speed! The same with the frame whilst its nice and offers damping on the little bumps I worry that the carbon will snap! Am I just being paranoid?? How much should forks flex? Is there a max weight for carbon road frames???! :oops:

I find that the 14 gears are plenty enough for my style of riding although I am tempted by a bigger outer ring as I have reached max spin on a couple of downhills...

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Doug

Back