WITHDRAWN KHS Montana Pro frame and fork

thegoldentrail

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
1991 KHS Montana Pro frame (True Temper OX2) and original 1" Spinner fork Lets face it selling this is breaking my heart. It's been with me built up in various guises since 1992. Hope it's bought by someone who will love it and ride it like we used to back in the day. 10 years ago it was re-sprayed at Argos Cycles in the original KHS colours - a metallic purple with spangly glitter bits in it. If you've seen one of these frames before you'll know what I mean - it's brilliant. Photos just dont do it justice. In todays money Orange's Black Cherry comes as close as I've seen. In general the paint is in good condition - it polishes up really well. There are paint chips, notably on the seat collar, chainstays, drive side BB area and the V Brake noodle wore away at the KHS logo on the head tube. Bugger! The 1" Spinner fork is the threaded original. It was also re-painted and has never been used since - it's been sitting in the bubble wrap Argos returned it in. It's pristine. The frame always rode like a propper springy, lithe steel number, a real joy. Now for the size, spec stuff: Top Tube CC 550mm Seat Tube CC 425mm BB 68mm Heat tube 98mm 1" diameter head tube Seat post - God I think it's a 26.2mm 1" Spinner fork with canti bosses, 132mm long stearer (threaded), 400mm crown - dropout, eyelets for racks

I am also interested in this, please get in touch if still available, ta, Ash.

Back