wish 'speedplay' a quick recovery

guybe":29k35qzr said:
Let wish a member from retrobike 'speedplay' a quick recovery back to good health, he just left hospital today after spending some time in the intensive care which he got hit by a Police car while cycling on his bike a few weeks back :shock:

Get well Speedplay :)
I had one of the barstewards overtake me to turn left,scared the crap out of me it was that close[in fact i braked hard so i suppose i could have been hit]
My mate said i should have dropped the bike and then moan about pains in my spine to put the wind up the driver,and make him think twice about doing it again :twisted:
Sue the swine
They think when theyre driving they own the road
Hope he gets better
Can we send him a get well card?do you have an address we can send to?,or we can send to you and you can deliver them?

touched.

Hi Guys.

Just back on my feet again (although a bit slower than usual).

I've not been on here for obvious reasons and just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the best wishes.

I only found this thread by accident and to say I was gobsmacked is puting it lightly!

I do have to hold my hands up and say that when i was knocked off my bike , It wasnt the push bike type :oops:

I've got a smashed thyroid cartlage, 4 cracked ribs, a dislodged epiglotis, fractured left wrist and also a fractured left thumb.

I've still got some breathing problems, massive whiplash and a monster headache (but she does leave me alone for a while sometimes!!).

I will be taking further action...if only to fund some exotic builds!!

I just want to add that its not just the financial part of this that I am pursuing, it was mainly that I was pushed into a crash barrier, head on at about 40mph by the police who then failed to stop and left me for dead...

I can see this taking some time to sort out...

Attachments

• 03092008495 (Medium).jpg
    03092008495 (Medium).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 803
[Words fail]
F***ing Hell. Hope it all gets sorted - with emphasis on your recovery. Stuff can and will get replaced. Good luck!

Re: touched.

speedplay":1p2ufrju said:
I just want to add that its not just the financial part of this that I am pursuing, it was mainly that I was pushed into a crash barrier, head on at about 40mph by the police who then failed to stop and left me for dead...

is there an emoticon for 'jesus christ, words fail me'? For joe public to do that is a crime, for the police to do that is down right evil.

get well soon

Just come across this and wanted to say get well soon.
Things can be replaced and while your not well at least your still with us.
Glass half full and all that.
All the best

Jamie

(I have an emoticon for those that knocked you off)

Attachments

• wankersmile.gif
    wankersmile.gif
    2 KB · Views: 785
Re: touched.

pete_mcc":uo6jica1 said:
speedplay":uo6jica1 said:

is there an emoticon for 'jesus christ, words fail me'? For joe public to do that is a crime, for the police to do that is down right evil.

Seconded.

Good luck SP.

We're all behind you I'm sure.

Back