will a brake booster help my flexy SIDs?

dyna-ti":14zgqajl said:
what about using a thicker QR or bolt through[is that possible for sids],something like 10 or 12mm fun bolts :?
Along with a brace at the top

I should've kept my Stout hubbed Mavic, that had a fat QR skewer! I guess I could replaced the QR axle with a solid one?

EDIT: just checked and the drop out will take nothing thicker than a standard 9mm QR skewer. I've heard that the old style Shimano QR skewers are extra strong - ?

Other option is to go for an early cup and bearing shimano hub laced wheel .They use solid axles and nuts,i cant remember what thickness they were,must be about 10mm anyway.That would work

dyna-ti":ls5i9s44 said:
Other option is to go for an early cup and bearing shimano hub laced wheel .They use solid axles and nuts,i cant remember what thickness they were,must be about 10mm anyway.That would work

I took my wheel out (with it's standard QR axle) to see if normal solid axle would fit in the drop-outs but it's too wide!

Dead Rats":k4b96lww said:
I took my wheel out (with it's standard QR axle) to see if normal solid axle would fit in the drop-outs but it's too wide!

Do you have a file ;)

As long as you done take swathes of material away :?

Back