Whyte PRST-1 superbike

Benandemu

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I need to thin out my collection, and as this isn't a Marin, and very rarely gets any use, it's time to offer it out to someone else.
I had a hankering for one of these last year after I'd taken one out for a ride. I was amazed at how different they felt, and how capable they were. I kept an eye out for one, but most were fitted out with the low grade components or had been trashed too much. Then this turned up relatively local to me. It's done very little miles in its life, which can be seen from the general standard of the components, and the fact that everything is original to the bike.
The frame was a size up from what I'd normally use, but oddly it seemed a better fit. The longer stem seemed more composed, and less cramped than the size I would normally choose. I've just had the brakes serviced with new fluid, and I switched the rapid rise mech to a standard one, but the original one can go with the bike. The bike rides fantastically, and will amaze its new owner. Thee are a couple of very small marks or chips in the paint, but I've left them because the bike is so honest and original. The shocks hold air fine, but would probably benefit from a service in the future as they tend to get a bit dry of oil at this age.
Anyway, a brief spec of the components, and remember this was the super bike version, so is the top factory spec at the time.
Whyte 20.5 inch frame, but rides like a 19 really. I'm 6 ft, and it's fine like it is.
Fox float R shocks front and rear - no coilover springs here!
XTR M953 mechs and shifters (9 speed), and cassette
Middleburn RS7 cranks with Middleburn rings
Royce Titanium bottom bracket and crank caps
Easton Carbon Monkey lite riser bars 600mm
Easton CT2 carbon seatpost
SDG Bel-air Titanium saddle
Hope XC4 disc brakes just been bled with new fluid - still on original pads!
Hope 6 bolt Black hubs with Ti cassette body using DT double butted spokes and alloy nipples on grey Mavic 317 disc rims
Panaracer Fire XC pro 2.1 tyres (original ones, but still lots of life left)
No pedals supplied

2r4h1sj.jpg

More detailed photos are available on request to serious parties.

£550 collected, or happy to box up for a courier of your choice.

Thanks

Back