why the is there a half inch gap between caliper and forks

why not ask a former owner ;)

I had to use a couple of nuts that fitted inbetween the i.s mounts & the actual calipers, I will see if i still have them, they were simply bolys about 5-6 mm thick and linrd the caliper up nicely ;)

Gc

Sounds to me like you're trying to use an 8" rotor with a direct mount caliper- calipers (shimano excepted) are generally only directly mounted (straight to fork - IS or post mount) when 6" rotors are used - to use with an 8" rotor an adapter is required. Of course without pix of what you're trying to do this is all speculation - post a picture of your fork, caliper and the rotor and you'll get more specific help.

Adapters look like this (your combination of caliper and fork may require something specific):

br708c16_74mmpost_thruaxle.jpg

Re: .

Grannygrinder":t5p4idhe said:
When you say 1/4 of an inch gap. In which direction?

Exactly. Be it 1/4" or 1/2", that's a lot if it's offset in the direction of needing washers on an IS mount bolt - there is a reason for that though, if it is indeed your problem.

If it's that much out on a post mount bolt then you'll need a spacer/adapter, or if the bolt holes are offset such that no length of bolt would fit, then it's probably because you're trying to run the wrong size rotor.

But as Enid undoubtedly knows the answer, I'll stop speculating! :LOL:

your all wrong :D it's an i.s. problem . stratos forks are like fox 40's and boxxer mounts where when the wheel is fitted and the caliper is offered onto the disc there is a 5-6mm gap between them hence a few washers and longer bolts are required... to my knowledge theres no caliper that fits directly onto stratos forks so you'll just have to make it up as you go :LOL:

i had the same problem with my stratos super 8's ;)

any more problems then just fire me a pm dude :D :D :D

^^^^^^^^^^

What He said,
All you need is some washers and some longer bolts to get it ann nice and snug / neat.
Those are my old forks you have, and I did check, I'm now using those wee bolts on my Shivers now too (same prob) :LOL:

Gc

big.eck said:
your all wrong :D it's an i.s. problem . stratos forks are like fox 40's and boxxer mounts where when the wheel is fitted and the caliper is offered onto the disc there is a 5-6mm gap between them hence a few washers and longer bolts are required... to my knowledge theres no caliper that fits directly onto stratos forks so you'll just have to make it up as you go :LOL:

i had the same problem with my stratos super 8's ;)

any more problems then just fire me a pm dude :D :D :D
cheers alex nice one were the super 8s as good as they say buddy ;)

oldschool":3k4ryale said:
cheers enid i should have asked you in the first place :roll: ;) ;)

:shock: Whats thiss???!!

Favouritism
jobs for the boys etc etc

;) :LOL: :LOL:
more rum for that man :D

Latest posts

Back