Whoops, I did it again.

legrandefromage":3k79w2x3 said:
my twin carb 3.5 V8 G reg Discovery got 11, maybe 12 mpg at best...

did you not remove the lead lining from your boots when driving? I reckon I can manage 15 mpg i9n a 3.5 v8 lightweight, which has the aerodynamic propeerties of a garden shed, mind you that is a steady 60 mphish on a motorway.

Our Pajeros manage about 25 around town and 28/30 on a run. They are chronically underpowered as 2.5 Intercooler Turbodiesels go for acceleration or overtaking, but they will still haul over three tons up a hill on the mud, pulled our Eurocargo out of the snow more than once with a load in it. Peanuts to fix too, not that they ever go wrong. More just wear and tear parts. Wouldn't swap them for anything modern that we would regret knocking about off road. Totally forgot about my G Wagen lust now, sold off the one we were going to renovate.

If anything having this pair of beauties will lean us towards a caravan rather than a camper.. I never thought that would happen!

02gf74":22mmup4x said:
legrandefromage":22mmup4x said:
my twin carb 3.5 V8 G reg Discovery got 11, maybe 12 mpg at best...

did you not remove the lead lining from your boots when driving? I reckon I can manage 15 mpg i9n a 3.5 v8 lightweight, which has the aerodynamic propeerties of a garden shed, mind you that is a steady 60 mphish on a motorway.

7 seats, heavier body shell, bull bars, huge alloys, 11mpg was about right.

Same here. When I am driving the Paj I totally chill out. Auto, heated seats with dampened suspension, lots of glass and height so great awareness of oncoming obstacles and no chance of beating anyone into the roundabout make you drive in a zen like state.

We_are_Stevo":3j9r61v1 said:
Wouldn't the boot-liner for the Disco have been cheaper and more practical? :?

And / or a collapsable travel "crate" for the dog?

Them boot liners invariably let crud past them. My old feller has dogs and a proper Volvo boot liner in his XC 90 and over time it's still contaminated the car. In any case, it was cheap enough cost a hundred quid to insure and costs a lot less to tax than Woman's Disco.

heres a pic of mine from this morning having fun in fritton woods....max spent the whole morning running around like a chav on crack cocaine ...

Attachments

• IMG_20130820_105117.jpg
    IMG_20130820_105117.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 193
Back