Who Will You Vote For In The Coming General Election?

Who Will You Vote For In The Coming General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Labour

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Green

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • SNP

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harryburgundy":3psjcupd said:
Not his finest hour - pretty poor really but at least he didn't make a number up and get it completely wrong - like few Conservatives lately, but that doesn't get much attention as usual

Much as I dislike the man I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for him at first - we're all human, everyone has had some vital bit of information slip their mind at the worst moment. All he had to do was to admit it right away - apologise that his mind had gone blank and carry on. Instead he mumbled and fumbled for a ridiculous amount of time arrogantly trying to pretend that he knew it and would give it out in just a second - he can't give a straight answer on anything at all and that, more than anything, is why I don't trust him.

He is certainly not fit to lead any country, far less Britain at this critical point.

Re:

With respect, it hardly showed him as arrogant, nor confused.

He merely couldn't put his finger on a figure; and given the roasting the baying mob are giving politicians who demonstrate such normal human traits, he wanted to check before declaring the answer. Those interviewing are sitting staring at set questions and figures they clearly don't hand out ahead.

He knew the answer, in the same way I know algebra, but may occasionally have to double check before I set about using it.

I don't want a machine as a leader, just a caring human being. He certainly fulfils that brief.

One thing is certain, he will have a stronger position as leader of the party after a superb showing as a campaigner.

It'd be worth seeing him become Prime Minister just for the opinion pieces in the newspapers. His election would bring the meltdown of all meltdowns from the "Don't call me a Tory just because I always vote for them and agree with everything they say" brigade.

Dan Hodges would become incoherent, John McTernan might actually kill someone in a blind rage. Tony Blair would submit "I am a fish" copied five hundred times and then permanently withdraw to fantasy world inside his own head, leaving care workers to feed him and wipe his arse until he dies.

All bets are off concerning that Guardian writer who tried to convince the reader that more time off work would "fill us with fear and loathing" - maybe her life story will be bought and turned into a sequel to Thank You For Smoking.

highlandsflyer":3fonw202 said:
With respect, it hardly showed him as arrogant, nor confused.

He merely couldn't put his finger on a figure; and given the roasting the baying mob are giving politicians who demonstrate such normal human traits, he wanted to check before declaring the answer. Those interviewing are sitting staring at set questions
He was launching a policy. The interviewer will have prepared questions. His job is to predict and prepare for those questions. They're always the same, what is the policy, how will it be better, how much does it cost and where's the money coming from. He couldn't answer the most basic of them. He either didn't know, didn't prepare, wasn't briefed or a combination of all three. Doesn't bode well for being PM when he can't keep on top of one policy at a time.

highlandsflyer":3fonw202 said:
One thing is certain, he will have a stronger position as leader of the party after a superb showing as a campaigner.
I like your optimism. But this Corbyn experiment is a dead end. He's pushing 70 and apparently already takes Monday's off because he's a bit tired. The PLP will want him out. Even if the members get their way and replace like with like, you'll end up with who? McDonnell? Whatever 'charm' Corbyn might have, McDonnell definitely doesn't. Nor shovel hands Lady Nugee. Abbott would be a disaster. Then you're scraping the barrel of Rayner and Long-Bailey.

More likely they'll end up with a compromise like Watson imo. But I'd never doubt Labour to pick the wrong guy five times in a row. Brown, Miliband, Corbyn, Corbyn...

Re:

'Corbynism' isn't dead, this is the start.

Latest Yougov poll suggests the Conservatives will lose 16 seats and an overal majority. May's days are numbered. Shocking performance and most striking that she will not debate head-on with the other party leaders - even the grey haired 'thicko' gardener. That must be so embarrassing for supporters of the Torys!

Anyway, who knows, it ain't over 'til it's over, but by any measure Corbyn is doing a great job despite all the media bias whereas May is dreadful - I'm beginning to think she is throwing this election, she can't be that bad!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... html%3Famp

wellthen.png

Re:

May is a total fuxx up. She comes across as a bumbling, nervy autocrat but God help this country if we get a Lab/SNP coalition, which looks increasingly likely. Sorry to upset the majority on here. Just cos Corbyn is a nice guy, dissarmingly honest and an idealist, doesnt mean he will magically transform this country for the better.

I appreciate its fuxx the Tories at any cost and damn the consequences to the economy and everything else people are just sick and tired and have genuine grievances. Everybody wants an easy life without making an effort. On a positive note he will crash the economy big time and property prices will plummet, making it more affordable for many.

Corbyn had a privileged private education and complains that he got his two E grades at A level due to poor handwriting.... ffs. He has no understanding of economics, cant recal essential facts clearly. Its sad that stupidity is now so celebrated in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back