Who made alloy MTB SS frames with no gussets - It's here!!

Re:

Have bitten the bullet and decided to let Dan (Danson67) fix this up properly for me, it's definitely a very early DS1 so I think it's worth saving and I'd feel happier if it were done professionally, not just with clamps and mirrors :LOL: :LOL:

Coming up to my busiest time of year though (in fact it's already bonkers with work) so chances are there will be a bit of a wait for a build thread...time to source some more Azonic kit though between working and sleeping ;)

The History Man":1evs40w8 said:
Are you an elf?

Funny you should say that.....

There is a pic somewhere I think of me last year wearing a 'Santa's helper' hat with big elf ears stuck on it....and I was officially 'Elf and Safety Officer' :LOL:

Work in a high end hamper business this time of year, it's often crazy and then some (giftinspiration. com :p )

Thanks Andy, that may do the trick to help stop it happening again!

Re:

The pics he sent me of what he had done on a similar repair looked fairly convincing! Cheap too, considering the skill and work involved, certainly will still be a very viable little frame in the long run.

Anyone have any idea of when the DS1's first came out? Not a lot on google, but '95 seems about right....? Frame number is AS90300219, for what it's worth....

All fixed.....

Dan has done a tidy job of making the hole the right shape without all that cracky nonsense. The lacquer in the area of the new welds had to be stripped so that needs tidying up. Question is what to do with it now?

Attachments

• tmp_23122-2016-06-12 12.25.521109365698.jpg
    tmp_23122-2016-06-12 12.25.521109365698.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 311
  • tmp_23122-2016-06-12 12.26.1290979479.jpg
    tmp_23122-2016-06-12 12.26.1290979479.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 311
Wow! is that the same frame :cool: and that welding looks great ;) so whats up next to be done ie; are you getting it painted or having it clear coated and glad to see it's been rescued as it seems a real good frame and sorry i'd not been on here for a while as i seem to have gotten side tracked with a couple of things but glad to see it's all worked out for the better ..

Ian

Re:

Like I said, don't know really. When Kaz snt me the frame I started gathering parts for a nice build, but since I have acquired a 14.5 zaskar AND a 14" chameleon so I really don't need another little play bike. So I might split with this or I might keep hold as a long term project, not decided yet. I'll tidy it up a bit and try the water selling the frame, if no one wants to spend then I keep, I suppose it's that simple.

And assuming I keep then I would really like to keep the polished finish so some stripping and fresh lacquer might be in order.

Any ideas?

Back