Which suspension?

J3aay, thank you what a great response. Apparently i have an LT version of the bike. I have just dropped the frame off to be shot blasted and then powder coated white, with a clear Lacquer on top. My Msisle has just had this done in Orange and it looks simply magic. Still not sure if i will keep the Patriot, will see how it looks and how i feel after its been powder coated. I will stick the Psylos on here at some point, they will be fine for a pub hack or commuter, but having had a good look round them and reading other peoples thoughts around them i dont think they are for the Patriot project. I also think my Reba will be a bit light weight. So i guess i need some kind of compromise. Would Pikes be a could bet if i wanted to use the bike for Trails?

No worries pal. Pikes would be awesome, probably the best fork for the job performance wise (if your not worried about keeping it all within the 2000-2003 period).

They really are great bikes. You'll love it. For me, if its hardtail then it's Steel. I have had a couple Msiles and a gorgeous DH build SubZero but they are just too stiff on the back end. Similar frames in 4130 just ride lovely and smooth.

Good luck with it pal!

Any Rockshox fork with Motion Control (MoCo) damping that has the right amount of travel will do the job very nicely

Revelations, Pikes...

I'd avoid those with 2 step travel adjust as I believe they had some issues, just stick with a regular MoCo fork from Rockshox

The Patriot was well ahead of it's time, it's a very versatile bike but prefers going down hill to uphill, bit like a modern All Mountain bike

Back