Which one of you lot is this then?

90's not a decade, it's a number. The number 90. 90's a number.
90s is not a decade either, (unless you are talking specifically about the tenth decade of the first century AD.) It's the ten numbers between 90 and 99 inclusive.
'90s is a decade, or at least it could be.
'90's the first year of that decade.

Most people now in their 90s were in their 60s in the '90s. If 90's how old you are now, '92's the year you were 60 on this day in '92.

You can hopefully understand how confusing that sentence could get with undisciplined apostrophising.

An apostrophe means there is something missing. In every sentence in this post you can safely assume it is either the letter "i" or the number "19".

Last edited:
90s is not a word. Nineties is. It doesn’t matter what you think from that realisation forwards. So calm down dear, let’s not get possessive about apostrophes. It’s a bicycle forum. It is. It’s purpose isn’t grammarisationally persecuting apostrophising or non-apostrophising or incorrectness of apostrofication on a geographical basis.

If anybody needs one. They’re free below with every like. Mind the commas there, they’re their mines.

‘,’,’,’,’,’,’,’,’,

"90s": there's neither possession nor contraction so an apostrophe is not needed. "90s" is a shortened version of "1990s": that's different from a contraction. We don't put an apostrophe before "phone" because it's short for "telephone" or before "plane" because it's short for "aeroplane". The same principle applies here. It doesn't matter whether it's words or numbers in question.

Don't ask how I know this stuff.

Yeah @torqueless i'm dyslexic anyhow so stop being such a pedant, it's a fun thread on a cycling forum, you're not marking our homework :)
Massive Attack - Protection, on repeat

I always liked the Massive Attack V Mad Proff remixes.. the sound thrown from ear to ear on headphones is something else

The Prodigy used to play Bug-Jam (a VW festival which i still attend today) every year, they were a festivals band before Charly ever troubled the charts.. they used to do some crazy shit with the bass.. they would quieten everyone down and you could feel it coming from the left hand side of the crowd and it would pass through your body like a wave, leaving you tingling and feeling like your teeth were rattling, it would exit the crowd to the right, i was off my head at the time (being the 90's) but it was an almost spiritual experience that ive never seen or heard since.

Belonging to an era.
Therefore posession.

😁 no i don't care. 😋
The end of 80s metal.
The start of new metal.
New punk.

I enjoyed this little snap shot of the late 80's - early 90's which Jeremy Deller put out on BBC4 a few years ago

The Hitman and Her moment is fantastic "Beee'ave Michaela"

Belonging to an era.
Therefore posession.
Err... that'd have to be: '90s' ...in my book, anyway.
'90's music is the music of 1990, a subset of the '90s' music- presumably about 10% of it before factoring in a decade of technological/economic/population growth, with its presumed concomitant growth in the number of music productions year on year?

I'm a child of the 90's. Possesion
I was around in the 90s. Not possesion.
My favourite music is from the 90's. Possesion
Good music stopped at the end of the 90s. Not possesion.

The english language and its rules are somewhat blurred at times. 😁

Now can we please stop this and tralk about bikes?

Back