Wheel bearings need replacement; Shimano rear hub ; parallax lx m563 :

d333gs

Dirt Disciple
I can't find the rebuild kit with the bearings , axle and the other nuts and stuff . Doese anyone have a part number or other info?
Big thanks
John

St john street cycles might have a compatible axle and cones, but the bearings are standard off the shelf anywhere balls.

St john street cycles might have a compatible axle and cones, but the bearings are standard off the shelf anywhere balls.
I usually find them in my wifes handbag, but I guess she could be organised and put them on a shelf. :)

weldtite do axles and cones that should fit, you will have to keep the original shields and probably outer locking nuts.

as tooty toot said, bearings are standard dimension 3/16" (normally).

And 1/4" if its rear. You will need some cone spanners too. 13 /15 /17 to do both from memory.

Life line does a cheap kit through wiggle etc.....which gets you a whole load for the price of 3 individual ones at the moment.

Probably the trickiest bit is getting the cones to the correct tightness. Just remember that the cones are being pushed outwards on the threads when you do them up and they touch the bearings......, but when the quick realease goes on ( which has a considerable clamp force) you compress the cones onto the treads, basically tightening the whole assembly a touch.

A good wheel should still rotate freely, and rotate to its balance point with the qr done up and have no play in the cones......this may feel very very very slightly loose without the qr on.

You will get the hang of it....we all do.

Tbh. If you need new cones because they are pitted.....you probably need a new hub too. As its unlikely one will be knackered if the others not. The race inside the non drive side can't be replaced as its part of the hub body.

Have you got inside it yet? As i wouldn't buy anything till ive seen inside!

It is these pieces that are finished

Attachments

• IMG_5840.jpeg
    IMG_5840.jpeg
    515.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5841.jpeg
    IMG_5841.jpeg
    546.5 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back