Whats my frame made from

I'm inclined to say you have a Merlin given your location, or maybe a Seven. Most likely Ti, but extremely nice nonetheless. If you manage to polish or bead blast it...wow!

I'm inclined to say you have a Merlin given your location, or maybe a Seven. Most likely Ti, but extremely nice nonetheless. If you manage to polish or bead blast it...wow!
Thats intresting. Im going to have a go with some course sandpaper to see if i can at least get the scratches out of it. If its too much for me to do then ill enquire about someone else doing it for me.Then slowly build it up if my wife doesnt devorce me 🤪

Last edited:
I mean no disrespect, but I would be surprised if it's a Merlin. Their welds are amazingly clean and the dropouts on their older bikes don't look like that. Also, Merlin stamped their company name and serial numbers on their rear dropouts. But, you do have a titanium frame there...just not sure of the manufacturer!

I mean no disrespect, but I would be surprised if it's a Merlin. Their welds are amazingly clean and the dropouts on their older bikes don't look like that. Also, Merlin stamped their company name and serial numbers on their rear dropouts. But, you do have a titanium frame there...just not sure of the manufacturer!
I think thats the case, its definitely a bespoke build and whoever made it didn't leave any trace at all. I had a quote for the whole frame to be taken back and polished and its not going to happen. Id rather spend the money on turning it into a drop bar gravel bike.

Back