what was the one thing you most regret ..............

Leaving my Thai babe at Bangkok and then the Embassy not giving her a visa to come back to the UK. :evil:

Going through the high street the night my Dyna Tech Quantum was pinched (mugged)! Should have taken an alterante route! :evil:

Going swimming the day my Shogun Trail Breaker was pinched! :cry:

I'm getting good at this.
Last week I missed a NOS Pulse frame in the US. Would have cost me about £300 inc postage.

Yesterday I missed a '94 Klein Adroit, almost new, White Industries hubs and cranks, just missing a couple of bits to finish.

I had made an offer and had it accepted but I whined about postage (he wanted £57) and not being able to collect. Then I stamped my foot and went back to the auction to take my chances. It was at £225.

Of course it immediately shot up over the price we had agreed, £600, but I bit the bullet and went with it anyway. It was at £620 last night, £20 over my 'Buy it Now' offer. I set Gixen to £700 and went to bed.

This morning it's gone! Not just sold but seller has cancelled their account, no longer registered.

Did someone here get it, I'll buy the wheels if they did, or was it a scam?
Can't see why the seller would disappear after the sale if it was legit.

So did I miss it by being a grumpy old man or did I have a narrow escape? I'm consoling myself that it was the latter.

Update

Just went to read my messages on ebay and found this notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 150120850865

Now I don't feel so bad, just relieved.

Back